MKE Incident... first it was Pinnacle, now it's Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyer is a tool!
He is a typical know it all that ends up never knowing anything.

The only good thing that came out of some getting hosed on integration is that it will hopefully take him a long time to ever upgrade.

saw the plane today when they brought it to our hanger in MKE and the strut is split open! Now thats one hard landing !! thank goodness no one got hurt

To a pilot, yes. To the news outlet that reported this, anything goes wrong on a landing and it is a hard landing. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but it sounds like this strut was written up previously and fixed by 9E maintenence (which hasn't been integrated yet) in JFK.

Considering that your reply to Flyer with an implied slam against Pinnacle, you are no more righteous than him. You two seem to be cut from the same cloth. :rolleyes:

....Just an FYI too. 9E MX in JFK isn't being integrated with anything.

settle down and stop comparing past incidents to this one. The last MKE issue was not a great thing for Pinnacle and should not reflect all their pilots-the ones I know are great. Secondly, lets try to NOT jumping to conclusions on this incident until something official comes out. I too heard it was a strut issue-but I am not going to comment on the incident one way or another until something official is said. Stop the idiot comments-we need to build one, new, better culture than either of us had to begin with if we are going to move forward in todays world.

Wow. 2 pages of passing blame and nobody blamed Obama, Dems, or Republicans yet.

This is full of true tough love!

Considering that your reply to Flyer with an implied slam against Pinnacle, you are no more righteous than him. You two seem to be cut from the same cloth. :rolleyes:

....Just an FYI too. 9E MX in JFK isn't being integrated with anything.

I was just trying to discredit the OP so that people don't form an opinion based on misinformation. I would like to think I have a better sense of the problem because I am on the Mesaba pilots website and there are guys that have flown that particular airplane there. Maybe I am wrong, I guess we'll find out.

If you think Flyer and I are "cut from the same cloth", then you obviously haven't been paying attention to our positing history.

Lastly, my integration comment was based on the fact that Mesaba maintenance hasn't been integrated yet, and it was 9E maintenence that worked on the aircraft. This further discredits the OP because it was actually the opposite airline (the one he is originally from) that may have caused this incident.

Bri, Mesaba mx isn't perfect and I will say those guys XJ have in lga have no idea what they are doing or they don't care considering the situation. And the pilots aren't doing much better. I don't know what the deal is but (for example) when they can't do the proper mx procedure (like collar a breaker) and then the plane flies around for 3 days with the procedure not complied with... It's not hard to read the MEL procedures.
As for MKE, that captain is not one of our best examples. He once took out a taxi light in CRW with the saab prop and flew the thing to dtw and missed the damage on the postflight, which was a chunk missing from a prop blade. He also had a memo generated about fms usage and well, he is generally an abrasive individual in the cockpit. So I don't know what happened but I'm just saying it might not be pinnacle mx and as a mesaba guy I'm just saying our crap doesn't stink.

Bri, Mesaba mx isn't perfect and I will say those guys XJ have in lga have no idea what they are doing or they don't care considering the situation. And the pilots aren't doing much better. I don't know what the deal is but (for example) when they can't do the proper mx procedure (like collar a breaker) and then the plane flies around for 3 days with the procedure not complied with... It's not hard to read the MEL procedures.
As for MKE, that captain is not one of our best examples. He once took out a taxi light in CRW with the saab prop and flew the thing to dtw and missed the damage on the postflight, which was a chunk missing from a prop blade. He also had a memo generated about fms usage and well, he is generally an abrasive individual in the cockpit. So I don't know what happened but I'm just saying it might not be pinnacle mx and as a mesaba guy I'm just saying our crap doesn't stink.

I never said our maintenence was better. Trust me, this week isn't the week I am going to be toughting how great our maintenence is. As stated before, I am trying to discredit the OP because he is trying to slander our name unnecessarily, and unfoundedly. As far as the pilot is concerned, I don't know who it is. I know there are a few guys (as with any airline) that could use some work.

As I stated before, I think we need to move forward as one airline. If someone posts or starts a thread that bashes the airline I came from with misinformation, then I will defend my former peers. I am not the OP here, and I am trying to get everyone to move on. That may be a losing battle.

p.s. Also notice that I try to discredit with valid information and pointing out how the OP's information is incorrect as opposed to just calling people names which has happened many times in the other direction (not necessarily Flyer though).

Last edited:
A hard enough landing that would cause a strut to break would probably cause damage to the wing and serious injuries due to to the g-forces invloved.

A hard enough landing that would cause a strut to break would probably cause damage to the wing and serious injuries due to to the g-forces invloved.
A normal landing with a strut that breaks at touchdown due to a mechanical failure would also. Just because a newspaper said it was a "hard landing", does not mean that is what caused the failure. The important part is that everyone is safe.

Not for you Mesaba... But pointing blame at this point is immature and unprofessional.

Latest resources

Back