Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CX880

Mitsubishi Jets to come with Anti Sleep Alarms

Those Japs have thought of everything. What will this mean for pilots? No doubt they will have to increase the pilot rest. Discuss.

Last edited:
Well looks like majors and regional pilots are susceptible to sleeping, this will only combat that. Pretty soon fearful pax will only fly on Mitsubishi jets. Brilliant marketing by those Japanese.

Those Japs have thought of everything. What will this mean for pilots? No doubt they will have to increase the pilot rest. Discuss.

Define "anti-sleep" alarm? Does a robotic arm backhand you or does the automated "betty" ask you to wake up....loudly?

That would be the first circuit breaker pulled once entering the flight deck.........

And no- not because of one's desire for sleep in the airplane, but I've got more important things to worry about on an approach or enroute to do rather than cancel an alarm every few minutes.

Fine with me... now I can take a 15 minute nap with no worries about the other guy falling asleep!

*Gag*

Boeing has an option for this on the 757/767, 777, and I believe the 747-400. After a predetermined amount of time without any inputs to the flight guidance controller or radios a "Crew Response" EICAS message appears. If it is not canceled after a couple of minutes an audible alarm goes off. I've seen this on a UAL 757 jumpseat.

I know the railroads have this...they have to push a button every so often to make sure they are awake or the train reduces power....that would work or they could just make this dam job less fatiguing.

You probably didn't intend it to be, but the term you used to apply to Japanese is generally seen as offensive to them.. Since you can't edit your post, a clarification of your intent will suffice.

Latest resources

Back