Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unprofessional Comments

FN FAL said:
I don't care what your stupid ICAO treaty says, the FCC rules interstate commerce here in America, dumbass.

Statements like this make the writer look to be either very immature or to be at a loss for substance in their discussions. When that occurs, as is the case with FN FAL's comment, people resort to insults. I have seen these types of comments many times on other boards. I do believe, however, that comments like this are not as common an occurrence at FI because this is the board for professionals in search of professional information.

At least that is the way I see things here.

Questions/Comments are welcome......

Last edited:
UndauntedFlyer said:
However, I do believe that is not a common occurrence here because this is the board for professionals in search of professional information.

Hardee-har-har-har!!!!!!! I think I just coughed up my spleen from laughing so hard!

We used 123.45 for traffic calls in the practice area when I was a CFI. We were told the FAA approved the use of the frequency for this purpose.

Undaunted, probably a little of both. I am still standing by for an apology and a deletion.

GNX99, I suspect that the local Operations Inspector went beyond his authority, however helpful that he was trying to be.

UndauntedFlyer said:
Statements like this make the writer look to be either very immature or to be at a loss for substance in their discussions.

Questions/Comments are welcome......
Dude, CFR 47 is all substance I need.

US33
The band 123.1125-123.5875 MHz is for use by flight test and aviation instructional stations. The frequency 121.950 MHz is available for aviation instructional stations.

Aviation instructional stations...the drop zone is using the frequency in the CONUS because they can, the skydiving instruction is aviation related instruction.

You think they just up and chose that frequency for their skydiving advisories because they woke up one morning and was miracled a super otter in a pageant?

Last edited:
Check 6 said:
Undaunted, probably a little of both. I am still standing by for an apology and a deletion.
Whatever. Stay on topic or grow some.

CONUS use of 123.45 has nothing to do with oceanic rules or use and your company ops manual is not the boss of us.

I'm curious...

Why should I care?

Oh yeah, that's right, I shouldn't. And don't.

You people have a lot of time on your hands. Probably the kind of kids that would remind the teacher she forgot to give the class homework.

PurpleInMEM said:
I'm curious...

Why should I care?

Oh yeah, that's right, I shouldn't. And don't.

You people have a lot of time on your hands. Probably the kind of kids that would remind the teacher she forgot to give the class homework.

That's why I became a pilot, so I would have time to waste. Besides, it's a good break from this 2,500 word paper I got to do on Racial Disparity and the Death Penalty and 1,000 words of final I got to do on Sunday.

gnx99 said:
We used 123.45 for traffic calls in the practice area when I was a CFI. We were told the FAA approved the use of the frequency for this purpose.
The FCC allocates it and Congress approves it in Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Frequency Allocation Tables.

And to top it off...here's ICAO's take on Air to Air and 123.45

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:D0x4ChKDQFQJ:dcaa.slv.dk:8000/icaodocs/Annex%252010/Volume%2520V/an10_V5_2ed.pdf+123.45+megahertz&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=10

Scroll down to page 13, tables 4-1, para's (f) comments and (g) specifically.

It says, "air to air" communications.

I guess ICAO is wrong too.

123.45 is also used to give extended position reports in Africa, aircraft communication in the Caribbean, and some countries in South America. It's not only for oceanic flights.

One of the most annoying things I have ever heard on 121.5 was from a US Navy warship in international waters. It occupied the freq non-stop for about as long as we were in range (maybe an hour). That would be a job I would never want, the guy was asking every airplane around it to ID themselves and asked where they were going. 90% of the airplanes were not responding.

If your company has a company freq, then use it.

Latest resources

Back