Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Missouri exempted from the Wright Amendment!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it still needs to voted on and signed by the President.

Congressional negotiators agreed on Thursday to exempt Missouri from restrictions on direct air service from Dallas Love Field to several states, an issue that has Texas rivals' Southwest Airlines and American Airlines locked in a bitter fight.

House-Senate lawmakers hammering out details of a spending bill for transportation and treasury programs agreed to the Missouri exemption to a 26-year-old law called the Wright Amendment.

I wonder if they would go into SGF as well as STL and KC. SGF seems to be booming and they are building a new terminal as well.

Makes since. AA tee'd off the state after taking TWA and then whacking its entire workforce and cutting service by like 75% at the airport. I'd imagine this a politcal swipe at AA by the state.

Hang on a minute. The senate passed the exemption. House and Senate committees need to make it palatable for the House to vote on it. It then may have to go back to the Senate if there are any major changes to it. Then on to the president.

If it doesn't get too muddled up in committee it could pass in the next few months.

Nothing is going to happen until 2007. They will staple the Wright repeal to the FAA reformation due at that time.

Latest resources

Back