Missouri exempted from the Wright Amendment!

The Prussian

Stecknadelkopf
Total Time
25K+
Can anybody confirm this or am I just dreaming? Could this be the the next in a long row of dominoes???

TR4A

Total Time
15000+
I think it still needs to voted on and signed by the President.

Congressional negotiators agreed on Thursday to exempt Missouri from restrictions on direct air service from Dallas Love Field to several states, an issue that has Texas rivals' Southwest Airlines and American Airlines locked in a bitter fight.

House-Senate lawmakers hammering out details of a spending bill for transportation and treasury programs agreed to the Missouri exemption to a 26-year-old law called the Wright Amendment.

GuppyWN

Total Time
I can't find anything on it on any news website or even the union website.

Gup

flyinlow67

Total Time
I wonder if they would go into SGF as well as STL and KC. SGF seems to be booming and they are building a new terminal as well.

J32driver

Strokin it...
Total Time
8000+
Makes since. AA tee'd off the state after taking TWA and then whacking its entire workforce and cutting service by like 75% at the airport. I'd imagine this a politcal swipe at AA by the state.

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
Hang on a minute. The senate passed the exemption. House and Senate committees need to make it palatable for the House to vote on it. It then may have to go back to the Senate if there are any major changes to it. Then on to the president.

If it doesn't get too muddled up in committee it could pass in the next few months.

SWAPoolie

Total Time
Nothing is going to happen until 2007. They will staple the Wright repeal to the FAA reformation due at that time.