Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
In this hiring enviroment, I am starting to see mins starting to drop again. How low do you think they will go and who will be the first?

Current 800/100

Was 1200/500

I also understand the wash out rate is abnormally high right now. Anyone know what is going on with that?

In this hiring enviroment, I am starting to see mins starting to drop again. How low do you think they will go and who will be the first?

Current 800/100

Was 1200/500

I also understand the wash out rate is abnormally high right now. Anyone know what is going on with that?

The wash out rate probably high because there's tons of pilots applying for one job. As soon as they're short on applicants, they'll start pushing people through.

The wash out rate is high because you pretty much have to be a loser and a moron to want to work in this industry any more. Also, you ain't seen 'nothin yet.

They should require some kind of advanced turbine training for low timers.

Last edited:
There's tons of pilots applying for one job.

And that is why they are lowering minimums. The more pilots that there are, the lower the mins.

If they only get two resumes for one spot, they will raise the mins to 10,000 TT/5000 ME.

Does any of the above make any sense?

Read another poster respond to me to say that China raising salaries proved that there was a glut of pilots.

And that is why they are lowering minimums. The more pilots that there are, the lower the mins.

If they only get two resumes for one spot, they will raise the mins to 10,000 TT/5000 ME.

Does any of the above make any sense?

Read another poster respond to me to say that China raising salaries proved that there was a glut of pilots.

You are taking a sentence fragment out of context. Once again my logic is referring to the wash out rate, not mins. Furthermore, just because mins are being lowered doesn't mean that there aren't pilots applying. Maybe HR prefers an 800 hr pilot with no check ride busts over a 3000 hr pilot with 2 failures and a DUI. Or perhaps a high time Guy answered a panel question not quite correctly. All I'm saying is that when there is an actual shortage, those failures will no longer matter, and the washout rate will decrease as pilots will be getting pushed through training to fill seats.

Right now, many of the regionals are finding only 1/2 of the pilots planned are showing up for newhire class.

Does that mean there's an actual shortage, or an excess of pilots?

Right now, many of the regionals are finding only 1/2 of the pilots planned are showing up for newhire class.

Does that mean there's an actual shortage, or an excess of pilots?

Well I'd have to ask where you're getting this information about 1/2 planned showings up. There are definetly more pilots than jobs. Check comair furlough numbers. Check mesa furlough numbers. That's not including your CFI dying to move on.

Latest resources

Back