• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Minority Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another side of the coin.....a lot of minorities......more than you suspect....feel like they have to be a lot better than average so no one gets the idea they got our job only due to being able to check some minority box on an application. For what it's worth I check the white box since I look white and live white and have never had the disadvantages that many other people like me have had. Changing your name or misusing membership in a fine organization like the black pilots group to get some advantage not due you is being a schmuck and is wrong. WC (1/4 Native American)

Last edited:
marcal said:
Is it wrong for someone who is not a minority to join OBAP and put it on a resume in hopes of scoring an interview? Has anyone tried this before?

Since you didn't really get the REAL answer to your question I will give you the real!!! As a member I can tell you that your race plays very little in your being a member. We have many non minority members!!!

WD.

There was a pilot in my squadron that had a sex change operation. I think "she" works for american.

Maybe my question should have been.....have any people that are not minorities but members of OBAP gotten an interview after joining?

Changing your name or misusing membership in a fine organization like the black pilots group to get some advantage not due you is being a schmuck. WC (1/4 Native American)

And ya are 3/4 white...?

Not quite a minority and not quite looking for hand-outs unless it is coming yer ways...?...:D

viper548 said:
There was a pilot in my squadron that had a sex change operation. I think "she" works for american.
Is "she" hot?

Yeah, we had one or two AA guys/gals doing that...So did SWA.

Not sure what the background or motivation was...Perhaps a Squadron thing..?..:D Don't be shy, just admit it and come out of the closet...It is safe out here..

FN FAL:

Jeez man,. yer pic and Avatar sure have changed.

You look like James Bond with a bad shave and a bad haircut.

Is "she" hot?

Nah, but try it out for free.

CSY Mon said:
And ya are 3/4 white...?
Actually no. My parents and grandparents on both sides were pretty progressive for their times. Consequently, like many Americans, I'm a mix of a lot of races. To get back on topic.....misusing membership in an organization or changing your name to something sterotypical of a minority to get some hiring advantage is wrong.

Latest resources

Back