minor traffic ticket - fight or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
I wouldn't worry, the subject never came up on my Mesaba interview five years ago.

That's funny, I got the 3rd degree about it on a $10/hr CFI job interview, it felt as if I was interviewing at Delta or some sh$t like that... mother fukkers, I'm so glad I ran outta that place and never looked back :D

I received my first Traffic Ticket in over 9 years last July, it was not in a car it was on a bicycle yea, that's right a bicycle! Don't worry about it shi* happens & quotas need to be made! Unless it is a criminal citation or you have more than one ticket.

Always Fight! I was issued a ticket a while back for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle. A cop was trying to pass me and I didn’t get out of her way. The reason is simply because I did not know she was there. I went to court and argued that the sun was blinding me and I could not see her lights, in addition to that the dumb biatch forgot to turn her siren on. The video showed clearly that the siren was not on and it was a sunny day, the judge found in my favor and the case was thrown out.

In SD we have no income tax, and they suppliment on the state and local level with traffic tickets.

I have around 30 tickets in 16 years of driving. But after speaking to others they have all said, "yeah, I have had about 1 a year or more as well".

I have 8 tickets for speeding that are no more then 5 MPH over the limit. And that was with no reduction.

We were the last state to adopt a seatbelt law, and that was a hayday for years.

The cops here pull you over for everthing, and you are getting a ticket for something.

Just last week I hit a minivan that pulled into my lane, that was trying to aviod a guy that ran a red light. He was sighted for illeagal lane change, and I was sighted for "Overdriving road conditions". I was going 35 in a 45, not following anyone closely, and tried to aviod the guy in the van. He did not see me, and swerved into my lane, slammed on his brakes. There is no way I should have gotten a ticket. His inurance company is paying, but again, another ticket.

I went to court and the judge said, "well, when the roads are bad, you should have stayed home". WTF. So I should just stay home for 4 months of the year.

But again, a ticket I will have to explain if it comes interview time.

vetteracer said:
Just last week I hit a minivan that pulled into my lane, that was trying to aviod a guy that ran a red light. He was sighted for illeagal lane change, and I was sighted for "Overdriving road conditions". I was going 35 in a 45, not following anyone closely, and tried to aviod the guy in the van. He did not see me, and swerved into my lane, slammed on his brakes. There is no way I should have gotten a ticket. His inurance company is paying, but again, another ticket.

I went to court and the judge said, "well, when the roads are bad, you should have stayed home". WTF. So I should just stay home for 4 months of the year.
[FONT=&quot]And I thought my ticket for no headlight on a bicycle was bad! These dumb ass tickets do make for good conversation some times. When I got my ticket the look on my face my boy said was confusing! After getting issued the ticket I told the officer, I guess they need to do a better job at letting people who buy a bicycle know that they need lighting and if it’s law why not make the mfg properly equip it like they do motorcycles. He unsnapped his firearm told me to start pushing or he was going to have the bike towed. What tops it all off he followed my son & I home. That was a long 5 mile walk home with a 9 year old and a good time to discuss real life BS. Don't cops have criminals to catch or donuts to eat Instead of harassing honest citizens?
[/FONT]

Request a trial then keep asking for a deferment ,,, the cop eventualy wont show up...bingo your off!

I'll join the "depends what state" group.

For example, is some states, "careless" or "reckless" driving is an offense that entails loss of driving privileges. They are sometimes treated as criminal misdemeanors, which does get an employer's attention.

Remember that motor vehicle offenses that involve loss of driving privileges or an educational program get reported to the FAA on your medical application (even if =not= alcohol related). Probably not a big deal without a "pattern" but they do get reported.

NW_Pilot said:
[FONT=&quot] Don't cops have criminals to catch...Instead of harassing honest citizens?[/FONT]

Actually, they don't. For as much as the media would have you believe that the world is going to hell in a hand basket, violent crime has dramatically dropped to record levels over the last 12-13 years.

Juvenile arrests are at a 30 year low.

So, in order to keep the machine going, they "net widen" by over-criminalizing everything.

This isn't just me making things up, do a google search on "over-criminalization".

In a lot of states, if two 15 year-olds have sex, they both can be arrested for molesting each other. Can you imagine that? You and your 15 year-old girlfriend get charged with molesting each other and then are marked for life as registered sex offenders. Hahahaha...I'm not joking here. Everyone thinks the registered sex offenders are all MAN-BOY Catholic priest situations. They are not.

We just had a case where there was a domestic call by police to a married couple's dwelling. It was typical domestic, but when they figured out that the wife was under the age of consent when she was made pregnant, they arrested the 21 year-old dad/husband for child molestation because his wife was underage when she conceived. I think society needs more dads in jail and paying fines, so that the welfare of the child is most improved.

I'm waiting for the day that firing a gun is made illegal. It's coming. They'll never be able to outlaw gun ownership, but they'll be able to regulate discharging it.

Simply make discharging a firearm against the law except for self defense and the hunting season and you'll have entirely new crop of people to process through the criminal justice system.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
Actually, they don't. For as much as the media would have you believe that the world is going to hell in a hand basket, violent crime has dramatically dropped to record levels over the last 12-13 years.

Juvenile arrests are at a 30 year low.
Is that because crime is lower or because we have less police on the streets arresting the violent criminals because they're too busy pulling over the schwinn with a broken headlight?

I'm waiting for the day that firing a gun is made illegal. It's coming. They'll never be able to outlaw gun ownership, but they'll be able to regulate discharging it.

Simply make discharging a firearm against the law except for self defense and the hunting season and you'll have entirely new crop of people to process through the criminal justice system.
...and remove the US from ever hosting the Olympics again. As well as all those sport shows where they shoot the clay frisbie things...

Not a fan of guns, but if they ever make firing one illegal, I'd have to join the gun owners on that one.

Nice catch FN!

-mini

midlifeflyer said:
Remember that motor vehicle offenses that involve loss of driving privileges or an educational program get reported to the FAA on your medical application (even if =not= alcohol related). Probably not a big deal without a "pattern" but they do get reported.

I've never heard about traffic tickets being reported to the FAA. DUI yes, but something like an illegal U turn? Do you know this for a fact? What if you get your medical in a different state than your drivers license. I don't remember anything on the medical application regarding a drivers license number or anything like that.

Happy new year!

Latest resources

Back