Military to airline question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

USA Jet's official mins for helo guys are 100 ME, but each applicant is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so you may qualify with the hours you already have. PilotYIP is the guy to ask.

When I was looking at TSA, they required XXX, OR an ATP-MEL, OR graduation from ANY military flight school.

CLiff
YIP

Hi!

Go ahead and PM him. He gets those all the time, and he likes to talk to prospective pilots. He IMd me, which is why I'm at USAJet now.

CLiff
YIP

Thanks... will do.

By the way, how was it getting your ATP rating. I am going to do that within the next month.

Hi!

I got mine at SE Flt Academy in Macon. About 4 flights in the Seminole, plus a couple of sims, and the checkride. It wasn't easy, but doable.

Cliff
YIP

Atp

mudkow60 said:
By the way, how was it getting your ATP rating. I am going to do that within the next month.
It helps greatly if you are instrument current. In your case, you may first have to add instrument privileges to your multi. The ATP PTS gives you the test. The flight test is essentially a glorified instrument checkride. Once more, find an airplane, find an instructor, find an examiner, and do it all at a local airport under Part 61.

I am active Navy, so I am pretty current on my instrument stuff. Just being able to be in front of the airplane (multi) will be the difficulty for me. Looking forward to doing it (but not to spending the money to get it). Oh well, it is worth it (or so I hear).

All, thanks for the help. I am NERVOUS, but it is nice to have folks that give information and support.

Oh by the way (not to terrorize my own thread)-

HUGH- The "Commander" (Brady) got hitched last month. Fun wedding.

Latest resources

Back