Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mudkow60

Hello-

Here is the question. I am a Navy helo guy with a fixed wing commercial rating and mulit-VFR only. I am thinking of taking a BIG step and trying my hand at the airlines (if I do not get picked up for the Navy or Air Force jobs I have applied for). Question- what is a good school, in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area where I can become competitive to land and pass and interview for the airlines?

Thanks

p.s. Phoenix / Scottsdale required because I can bum rent-free at my brother' and friends places.

airlines? You must mean commuters

A wise guy!? I could care less about the starting pay... just want to do something that I have thought would be neat. For the love of flying.

Thanks for putting your butt on the line for us.
PACE at MAPD will get you a job, I know a mil guy who just finished.
PM me if you want any more info, or www.flightcareers.com

Thanks... I am nervous, but am starting to look forward to taking the big step. I am planning on going to the Pan Am Academy in Phoenix and getting the 100 hr multi, multi inst, and the RJ sim. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,

M

What exactly do you want? If you just want 100hrs of multi I wouldnt go to Pan Am, there are much cheaper places out there. Such as Air Desert Pacific in LA.

Just rememember all of those so called airline schools are way overpriced when you could get the same training at a mom and pop shop. By the way Mesaba is hiring.

But being a mostly helo guy, I thought I would spend some cash and make myself markatable. Let me know if I am mistaken.

My thinking is Total time is total time. I think you being a helo guy coming out of the military speaks a lot at a regional airline level. Now if you were looking to go right into a major spot. (not going to happen) I dont think helo time works. I think if you just had some multi time would be all you need.

Just my thoughts.

Latest resources

Back