• Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ChinaClipper said:
but only if the were Infantry, 11B....Enlisted, platoon sgts.......no glory, no silver spoons, no cool nicknames, no sissy ascots; able, iron clad character and low key. The best! Show up, do the job, go home. BTW I am biased! Hoorahhhhhh!!!!!!!
Halliluia,,,11BangBang.

71KILO said:
Check you're ACFT flown... fricken tanker driver.

Check your attitude, Kilo!!

Once again, Kilo, your ignorance amazes me. These guys are talking about T-37 squadron nick names. They are both tanker drivers and they know each other. And yes, I think they know what acft they have flown to.

Last edited:
Draginass said:
Civilian checkrides are benign compared to military checks.

3. Tactical flight check (varies by aircraft and mission, of course). Mission planning the day before. Must plan strike mission and brief flight of 2-4 aircraft. All observed/graded by stan-eval evaluator.
Inflight check items: Leadership of multi-ship formation, T/O, air refueling including tanker autopilot-off and breakaway demonstation (could be at night also

OOOhh! NIGHT training. No, no, not that. Please don't make me take a check at night.

and a STRIKE mission, too. Weren't you nervous in front of the stan-eval eval guy. Is that like an evil pilot? You are sooo hot. Can I be your wingman??

Don't forget to mention you maintain leadership, varies by aircraft mission of course, of a barrage of goofy OPR "mission" bullets meant to impress promotion boards and the unwashed civilian pilot masses.

Last edited:
So, I just spent 30 mins typing a nice little paragraph and the dam system logged me off..FFing nice, eh

Deuce130 said:
\
And I was a military academy guy. Sorry to say I don't know what you mean... But, I'll assume it was another lame attempt to disparage academy grads simply b/c you weren't one yourself. Not like I haven't seen that before.
And that is what I would expect from an academy guy. You dont GET IT and you probabaly never will, but i hope you will some day. After working with some ringknockers, I am starting to understand the plight of the academy guy.
Things not going the way you planned...how is that possible...
Think outside the box...we are not in a box, what are you talking about

Back to drinking for me

Thedude said:
And that is what I would expect from an academy guy. You dont GET IT and you probabaly never will, but i hope you will some day. After working with some ringknockers, I am starting to understand the plight of the academy guy.

Back to drinking for me

After working with "some" ringknockers, you GET IT and have it all figured out? Over a 100,000 mil acad guys running around there for you to work with, and you've got 'em all pegged?

And what makes you think all academy grads "planned" for their careers to go a certain way? A very few aspire to be four-stars and have the cookie cutter mil career. Some are stockbrokers, doctors, airline pilots, lawyers, real estate agents, etc.

"Think outside the box." Trite. What are you talking about? I'm not going to get wrapped up in this thread, since I thought it was stupid from the beginning. However, it irks me when guys like you start ripping on service academies when, in all reality, you have zero clue what you are talking about. If you worked with a few guys you didn't like, fine. You have nothing but your ill-informed opinion in making a correlation between those particular guys' attitudes/personalities and their alma mater. When you make posts like that, it makes it very hard for you to call someone ELSE a tool.

We have hired a number of Mil Acad. Graduates, they have all been fantastic employees, and I would hire a bunch more Mil Acad. graduates if I could talk them into it. They are smart, they have a sense of duty that is unbeatable, and they are pleasant to be around. But that is only my view from a bottom feeder in the on-demand business.

Thedude said:

Back to drinking for me

What exactly is "IT" and how do I get it? Obviously you have figured out something I haven't, so, please, tell me. There are a few things I understand, one of which is that I wouldn't trade my position or experiences for anything, not even yours. As for the plight of the Academy guy, yes, success is an awful hard plight to take. Man, I don't know how I'll manage. I wish I could have been more like you, TheDude! That way I'd have IT all figured out, I wouldn't be in this box I'm in, and wouldn't have to deal with my current plight of flying boxes around for a living.

I agree, not only is this thread retarded, it's irrevelant. Kinda like asking a dog why it wags it's tail. I too have prior military time and am now flyin the line. Both are different, each with unique challenges. The military pilot, regardless of aircraft type, receives much more thorough training on the aircraft and mission. Missions are complex and very dynamic...especially when someones poppin caps at you a$$. Flying at night, on night-vision goggles at 200' AGL, landing with no lights-where you don't belong-dropping off people intent on breaking things with time tolerances to the second, is not exactly like flying from MDW-LAX.

Ask questions with relevance and use this forum with maturity.

Latest resources

Back