Mile High Club

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rumrunner

What's your thoughts on buying a twin and starting up a mile high flight service? Do you think a guy would be able to cover his payments, or would this be a better thing to offer at places like South Padre over Spring Break. Just brainstorming on fun jobs.

mile high club

check around the web some one has allready done that , but they are using a jet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One company even boasts of have a DC-10 for such a trip.;)

used to be one out of santa monica but it got shut down trying to operate under 91 i believe

they used senecas and twin commanders the pilot i know had funny stories though

There was also an operation out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. I think the guy flew a Cessna Skymaster that had been retrofited with a rear bed instead of a rear seat.

:)

I know a charter pilot who had a guy charter a Seneca to a KC Chiefs game. The passengers put up a blanket to cover up looking into the back, my friend thought they were just going to make out, but when he heard the panting and the slapping, and of course, "the smell", he realized. Did the same thing on the way back, he said luckily they didn't ask to go up to 5280'!

A few years ago there was a trimotor out of the Long Beach, CA area doing mile high flights...intentionally, I mean...

Had it happen a few times during my 135 Lear days! Got a nice tip out of it once!!

Of course nobody chartered the Lear strictly to join the mile high club, actually it was kind of a pain in the a$$, having someone rocking the in back of the Lear at FL410 with the JET auto pilot.

The funniest thing was when one of the girls poked her head through the curtain, and started asking questions ("what's that button do, what's that"); trying to act all casual while the guy is going to town on her on the other side of the curtain.

Then there was this one big customer, we actually had to call the FBO using code words to make sure his wife wasn't there waiting.... we actually had to taxi into another FBO once and drop off the female passengers (more than one), before we could continue on to home base FBO and the waiting wife!

Then there's the putting your foot in your mouth category. I asked this passenger, how she and her husband liked the trip to Aspen two weeks ago, unfortunately I didn't take the wife to Aspen a few weeks ago, only the husband and a different blond!!

Hey, I'm happily married and I didn't agree with it, but you know what, it ain't my d@mn business!

I was under the impression that to join the Mile High Club, one had to be a member of the flight crew while engaged in the activity in question. Is it allowed, under the official rules of the club, for passengers merely riding along in the cabin in the back, to become members? What's the big deal with that? Can someone with the rule book please inform the rest of us what the exact criteria for membership is, and who is eleigible to join?

I believe that in order to become a first class member you need to have your hands on the controls...............well, you need to at least be capable of turning the heading bug on the autopilot......

Latest resources

Back