• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest will Cease all 717 Ops Nov 3, 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH no class, basically equal to scabs or worse.....welcome aboard F9 you are now big boys on the street....what are you going to do to fix things

I hate to beat a dead horse but where are the RAH pilots in all of this. There silence is sickening.

I suspect the RAH pilots are doing what is best for the RAH pilots...That is the system WE created.....If the shoe was on the other foot, I don't see anyone looking out for them.

We don't have a true national "brotherhood"...We have a loose association of independent contractors that have to start all over again at the bottom if they change employers....We created this monster and some of you at the top are now surprised by this system that YOU created.

Would you like to talk about a national seniority list and brand scope? If not, then expect more of this....

I'll always side with Independence Air. Those guys n' gals were like a true family. A really amazing set of people until the bitter end.

" Midwest Pilots' Statement on News that B-717 Operations Will Cease in November

• Press Release
  • Source: Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l
  • On Wednesday September 30, 2009, 3:43 pm EDT
MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Captain Anthony Freitas, chairman of the Midwest Airlines unit of the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l (ALPA), issued the following statement after the pilots were informed that the operations of Midwest Airlines as we know it today will cease on November 3, 2009. On that day, the last of Midwest Airlines’ larger Boeing 717 aircraft will be returned to the manufacturer and all of the remaining Midwest pilots will no longer fly any Midwest aircraft.
“While there will still be airplanes flying with ‘Midwest’ written on them, there will no longer be any of the pilots who truly provided ‘The Best Care in the Air’ operating them. All of the original Midwest flight crews are being outsourced in the final phase of dismantling our airline.
“Midwest’s new owner hopes that if they keep the same paint scheme and cookies, no one will notice that the crews who helped build our airline’s well-deserved reputation for award-winning customer service are gone. Clearly, the replacement of highly experienced Midwest pilots with lower-cost labor will be devastating for our pilots and their families. But the traveling public will also be affected because they will lose the high experience levels and the extraordinary dedication to service that the real Midwest pilots have always taken great pride in providing.”
Founded in 1931, ALPA is the world’s largest pilots union, representing nearly 53,500 pilots at 36 airlines in the United States and Canada."

I guess no one has really ever brought this up, but its something I realized. Not one single mention of those who truly provided that "Best Care In The Air". Those poor midwest Flight Attendants. No one ever mentions them. All about pilots pilots pilots. Me, Me Me. It all surrounds you "guys" right? Such a sad way to go. I'm glad the flight attendants realize what's going on and are hopefully preparing to move on with their lives, as sad as it is. But no one mentions them, the one and TRUE face of Midwest Airlines. They work hard, get paid very little and have been around just as long. But no appreciation. Why? If any of you YX FA's are on here, or even ground crew for that matter, remember, at least one person here is thinking of you, too.

PS: Always keep in mind that on that morning of September 11th, 2001, the emt's, fire fighters & police along with many others tried to save/saved lives, but the absolute true first responders were members of the Cabin Crews. They aren't ever mentioned. Think about that.

Maybe they should have taken the air tran deal?

You're right, they polled the pilots on that one.

Why not ask the 3 handpicked board members from Air Tran. They didn't vote for Air Tran either.

I think Bedfords plan is this: he's coming after YOUR job next with his cheap, slave labor. If they can fly an almost transcon for those crappy wages, you can bet TransAtlantic/Pacific routes are up next.

Ummmmm, doubt it. DL RJ numbers will be at around 200 total within 2 years from now from what I hear. I think it is going the right direction if that is the case.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back