• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest ungetting new aircrafts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that MKE and MCI are both secondary markets. If the airplane was starting off in an ORD, LGA, or DCA, I'd say they had a pretty good shot with a stop in MCI, but there is insufficient O & D between MKE and MCI to get the segment yields to a reasonable level.

The other problem is obviously the fleet. 88 seats won't produce the revenue base they need. I lived through the opposite scenario, where the fleet type was too large for the markets, and the outcome was not pleasant.

Vanguard made a pretty good show at the end there, if they had focused on that city from the start they might still be here today. I hope Midex has enough cash to weather the storm and come out the other side.

Its pretty obvious what is going to happen just like STL. Skywest will stay in MKE and feed limited routes and offer point to point for thr business travelers. DL and NW will pick up the pieces they want and Midwest will be a thing of the past.

D

They could always throw some more seats in those 71's. I'm not sure of the cost to do so, but we maintain business class and still get 117 out of them.

The Midwest route structure will consist of only non-stops from Milwaukee to the East Coast and possibly Florida. All the West Coast traffic will stop in KC....if they keep the West Coast destinations. Midwest can not shrink and be profitable.

Don't forget about the MKE-LAS flts. They are always full.

Don't forget about the MKE-LAS flts. They are always full.

and the yield sucks..........

us airways is also full w/ a crappy yield.
air tran is also full w/ a crappy yield.

Well where going to try it in Sept. so I hope your wrong.

he's not, it will fail at AAI too.

make them fire those old, crusty bastards in the training department. if they fire the probies, that will be a disgrace.

make them fire those old, crusty bastards in the training department. if they fire the probies, that will be a disgrace.

Just a technical question...If they fire the crusties, who will train all the displacements?

And I agree firing the probies is way wrong...

Just a technical question...If they fire the crusties, who will train all the displacements?

Line pilots that get awarded training dept positions. You know, the guys that should have been doing it all along so we don't have to hear constantly "back in 1975 on the -9......"

We aren't really shrinking here. At least not yet. No loss of airframes has been announced, and we're only reducing ASMs by 5% compared to last September. We're holding steady rather than shrinking at this point.

if they fire the probies, that will be a disgrace.

Based on what I'm hearing from guys on the line, every remaining pilot would burn the place to the ground if the probies are fired. They won't go through with it. They know that they can't win that battle.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back