midwest is dead

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CL,
I hear ya man. I actally flew with captains that were bitching and whining about the horror of going back on reserve as I am being furloughed. Oh cry me a F%$#ing river. They were actually bitching to a guy that was losing his job. I didn't even know how to respond to that.

I really think the boys and girls at AAI need to take a good look at what is happening at Midwest. This could be you in a few months.

Best of luck to all the furloughed boys and girls out there. It will be a tough couple of years. I guess it is time to troll climbto350.

cya

It's all fine in a hypothetical world.....

Look at the history of non-ALPA mergers and what the bigger airline did, then you can understand the apprehension. How "terrible" of our MEC to "demand" date of hire, oh yeah they did their job and represented us.

Even if the MEH MEC said, "Yeah, AirTran", the deal STILL WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE.

This move is simply MEH management wanting $80 CA pay no iffs, ands, or butts. They'll simply get it by bringing in airplanes to support that. Horrible for all involved. It is funny though how the "outrage" amongst the Midwest pilots grow when their head finally is under the axe. When I was furloughed it was, "Sucks to be you" type of attitude. Comepletely different now.

Just tell the senior guys with no compassion, that if they are nice, you will write them a recommendation letter for the next airline.

Allz I gots to say is to that MEH captain who C@ck blocked me in MCI one night with his hot-azzed buxom FA, karma's a bitch.

Just kidding, good luck to youse guys

If only the senior pilots could act like #1 on the list. KK has always treated me well and is involved with what is going on here.

This move is simply MEH management wanting $80 CA pay no iffs, ands, or butts. They'll simply get it by bringing in airplanes to support that. Horrible for all involved.

No. Nobody gets rid of that many airplanes just to get those payrates. Those 717's are going back to Boeing and won't be coming back. I don't think Boeing will just keep them around until Midwest gets concessions. All this move does is secures Republic's spot as Delta feed once the merger gets approved. Midwest will be disposed of shortly after that announcement.

You guys couldn't be more correct. Back in '01, everyone to your face said were sorry to see you go and can't wait to get you back. When it came time to help with a furloughed pilot fund, it was voted down almost unanimously. This time around, when the first 35 guys were furloughed, our MEC didn't say squat and didn't seem to fired up about going public and attacking the company. When the announcement came about parking the 80's, same thing. Both of these occurances, the MEC had a phone conference with our MEC talking for about 2 minutes and then took questions, big waste of time. This time their very jobs are affected and the first thing they did was go public with a scathing comment about the company. We also had a phone conference the other day and our MEC chairman spoke for about 30-45 minutes hell bent on revenge against this company. Where was that before? Why all of a sudden are we so fired up? I know why, they are losing their jobs this time. We all have known that our union has heavily favored the senior, but what an eye opening to their attitude this time around. Most of these guys have never had to face this before in their Midwest career, unfortunately there are many that are becoming veterans to all this.

Latest resources

Back