• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest is dead

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to all the Midwest people, I know what it feels like. It's time to burn it down and send a message to the scumbags running the joint. At best, a year from now you'll all be regional pilots with no hope of ever making a decent wage. Best of luck guys/gals.

Shut it down, its nothing more than a last minute finger in the Eye to all the midwest employees. I just threw up a little in my mouth......

Good for NWA people-another 15 million to an Airline that is going to be next to nothing...Give that money to your own people for the rape you have given them in the past 8 years....

not at all the same. Air Wiskey was being cut from united, so they had to go somewhere to get work.

Same enough. You got screwed by UAL so bought your way into US therefore made any growth of PDT and PSA more difficult. PSA pilots did step up and told Parker to shove the 900's up his @ss because he wanted to pay 200 rates.

You paid to play and your MEC stood there and watched it happen. Simple as that.

RAH is now doing it to Midex. A good bunch of folks are about to lose their jobs. RAH pilots better step up and show some decency to make that transition impossible or very expensive.

Last edited:
How funny it seems now after Midwest(with the unions on board) snubbed the offer from AirTran. Let's see, I seem to remember being at AirTran when another airline did the same thing because the were "going to team up with SWA". What happened to them? That makes 2 airlines that could have pilots employed at AirTran wages flying 717's and 737's but either have liquidated or are on the verge after turning their backs on the AirTran offer all the while their pilots were too good to fly for that low fare carrier.

How about easing up on a lot of people who are about to be tossed on the street?

I highly doubt the pilots went to management and told them they were too good for AirTran.

I realize this board is anonymous, but regardless of that fact we should all realize that we could be next to be furloughed.

Even if they took the offer, I think they just would have bought the gates, slots, the remaining 717's and sold the rest along with "elimination" of the pilot jobs anyway. AAI "eliminated" what? 169 pilots. Midex guys would have been stapled to the bottom and lost their jobs.

Midex just wanted to maintain the status of a hometown airline instead of getting bought by a scumbag-scab ridden outfit like AAI. I mean come on AAI. Management definitely let them down with their lack of leadership and to find ways to gain more profitability.

Pilots are top notch and great guys and gals in and out of the Flight-deck.

Best wishes to you! Good luck Midex crews!

Last edited:
Actually, Airtran's union was willing to discuss a relative seniority merge. Midwest's union demanded date of hire. A lot of those Midwest pilots would have kept their jobs at Airtran. (Until Airtran follows Midwest down the same path as Midwest)

Actually, Airtran's union was willing to discuss a relative seniority merge. Midwest's union demanded date of hire. A lot of those Midwest pilots would have kept their jobs at Airtran. (Until Airtran follows Midwest down the same path as Midwest)

It's all fine in a hypothetical world.....

Look at the history of non-ALPA mergers and what the bigger airline did, then you can understand the apprehension. How "terrible" of our MEC to "demand" date of hire, oh yeah they did their job and represented us.

Even if the MEH MEC said, "Yeah, AirTran", the deal STILL WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE.

This move is simply MEH management wanting $80 CA pay no iffs, ands, or butts. They'll simply get it by bringing in airplanes to support that. Horrible for all involved. It is funny though how the "outrage" amongst the Midwest pilots grow when their head finally is under the axe. When I was furloughed it was, "Sucks to be you" type of attitude. Comepletely different now.

Latest resources

Back