• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Growth Plan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not about 'getting over' AAI's failed bid. 400+ million was too much anyway. The guy has a good point, who is creating jobs? Tim and the board are to blame, not AAI or NWA or TPG or any slacker posting here...
Up until AAI's 3 board members came on, not one of the other Midwest's board had any airline experience other than being Tim's bud. That in itself says alot. I hope Midwest survives, but somebody needs to purge some Midwest management first! I don't think outsourcing Midwest/Skyway jobs to Skywest is the answer but I am just a dumb pilot...

Oh and they just changed our procedure for deicing in MKE... we call ground and get permission to block you first, so at least you know it's coming now :)

Last edited:
Speaking of blocking...we were told the other day by some higher ups when using Midwest's gate here in Atlanta, if our scheduled departure isn't made and we're holding for passengers we can make Midwest wait for their gate....unlike the past where we had to park a terminator and get it off the gate before they even touched down.

Manager said "let them enjoy their warm cookies and wait for D7".:crying: :cool:

the mci reduction is due to a 2/25 reduction in the 717 flying.

Selling an 80 and cutting two lines of 717 flying -- grreat plan.

TH
"The only good thing about 2007 is that it's over."
"The SkyWest contract is not producing the results we anticipated."

and FWIW "The SkyWest operation has been profitable since day one." --TH 9/07 (I believe)

And they still have no idea how they are going to avoid the $100k/day fines for bailing on the EAS flying. Looks like somebody didn't do their homework.

Selling an 80 and cutting two lines of 717 flying -- grreat plan.

TH
"The only good thing about 2007 is that it's over."
"The SkyWest contract is not producing the results we anticipated."

and FWIW "The SkyWest operation has been profitable since day one." --TH 9/07 (I believe)

And they still have no idea how they are going to avoid the $100k/day fines for bailing on the EAS flying. Looks like somebody didn't do their homework.

I agree it was a mistake. EVERY pilot at MEH I've talked to wants Skywest gone. TH days are numbered. His replacement is here.

My guess is the reduction in schedule is DESIGNED to make TH fail and thus give TPG a reason to fire him. Once the old guard is gone (a lot of upper management position have been filled recently by non midwest folks) then the merger with NWA or DAL can proceed.

It's not about 'getting over' AAI's failed bid. 400+ million was too much anyway. The guy has a good point, who is creating jobs? Tim and the board are to blame, not AAI or NWA or TPG or any slacker posting here...
Up until AAI's 3 board members came on, not one of the other Midwest's board had any airline experience other than being Tim's bud. That in itself says alot. I hope Midwest survives, but somebody needs to purge some Midwest management first! I don't think outsourcing Midwest/Skyway jobs to Skywest is the answer but I am just a dumb pilot...

Oh and they just changed our procedure for deicing in MKE... we call ground and get permission to block you first, so at least you know it's coming now :)

the purge has begun. Kolshak is TH's replacement and will basically run the show.

I agree it was a mistake. EVERY pilot at MEH I've talked to wants Skywest gone. TH days are numbered. His replacement is here.

My guess is the reduction in schedule is DESIGNED to make TH fail and thus give TPG a reason to fire him. Once the old guard is gone (a lot of upper management position have been filled recently by non midwest folks) then the merger with NWA or DAL can proceed.

I figure that TH's performance in 2007 would be all the reason they need. He got his $17/sh and needs to be shown the door. I love how some of the pre-AirTran board members are back, too.

Are the furlough rumors back with the reduction in flying?

I figure that TH's performance in 2007 would be all the reason they need. He got his $17/sh and needs to be shown the door. I love how some of the pre-AirTran board members are back, too.

Are the furlough rumors back with the reduction in flying?

i have heard nothing with regards to that other than "it isn't off the table". Timmay has a lot of egg on his face from the Skyway debacle, if he furloughs he will look further like a ******************************bag in front of his MKE bizman friends.

My guess is the reduction in schedule is DESIGNED to make TH fail and thus give TPG a reason to fire him.

Your schedule reduction was needed. No need to go round and round that the original flying (Dartboard Destinations) should not have been done in the first place. Even though they went nuts starting in Dec. of 2006, they are making the 'tough' decisions moving forward. TH could come out looking like a hero. Most of us can see otherwise. I wonder if TPG still wants TH to be the face of Midwest. I expected him to be gone immediately. I wonder if they'll recycle Seigel if the time comes.

I don't see Midwest getting merged into DAL or NWA. NWA doesn't own Midwest and the merger discussions between NWA and DAL are already going on, including the pilot seniority integration piece. NWA/DAL will have a tough time getting through DOJ intact and Midwest would just add more problems.

After the DAL/NWA merger if it happens, who knows but if the merger between DAL and NWA results in furloughs from the combined carriers I can pretty much guarantee you that whatever happens there isn't going to be any Midwest pilots flying planes (assuming Midwest gets purchased from TPG by DAL/NWA) while any DAL/NWA guys are on the street. There's 10,000 plus of those guys and there would be a riot. Midwest is probably a less important piece in the overall merger than Comair is. My only question in this whole thing is how does TPG get their money back?

Latest resources

Back