• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest grievance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get what you're saying Ultra, MEH payrates right now are close to what everyone else is doing. But to get the 170's to the Midwest certificate involves a single payrate of something like 37/76, for either aircraft. Who at a negotiating committee elsewhere wants to haggle about DC9/717/80/737/320 payrates when somebody out there is doing it for regional rates?

Yeah, I hear ya Prop. Here's the way I see it....TPG, I suspect, wants the 170's on MEH's certificate. The operator (MEH) can's get rid of the remaining 717's as it's the only airframe they have operating authority on, and still keep the certificate.

So...Now TPG needs the 170's on certificate. But, as you mentioned, they can't be on certificate until the Mgt. and the MEC agree on the pay rates.

Now you're at the negotiating table, and it's here that the MEC may have what little negotiating power is left as TPG want's this wrapped up pretty quickly, so as to turn MEH into a feed-operation

The MEC won't necessarily agree to the RAH rates, but TPG needs to park the 717's....and around they go....

You're not in BK, so you can't ask for a 1113. So now it goes to arbitration (assuming no agreement). And all that takes significant amounts of time that TPG likely doesn't want to waste.

I'm not sure how many 717's TPG can return and still keep operating authority, but I suspect the MEH operation can be shrunk down to just a couple of planes while this all shakes out.

I hope the union will say no, they shut it down, and the aircraft stay at Republic. I don't see where Delta or anyone else needs another feeder. TPG/NW have taken a bath on Midwest, I can't imagine how many lifetimes it would take to make back the money they lost.

On the other side, I can't imagine being a 20 year captain from Midwest flying a 170 for regional rates just to have a job flying airplanes. The only thing TH was able to do was to turn a once revered airline into scorched earth.

Well, one can only hope Prop. But every other union has voted to take it up the rear, including the MEH pilots. Those MEH pilots left still need to pay the bills...

It'll be painful to watch to be sure....

I hope the union will say no, they shut it down, and the aircraft stay at Republic. I don't see where Delta or anyone else needs another feeder. TPG/NW have taken a bath on Midwest, I can't imagine how many lifetimes it would take to make back the money they lost.

On the other side, I can't imagine being a 20 year captain from Midwest flying a 170 for regional rates just to have a job flying airplanes. The only thing TH was able to do was to turn a once revered airline into scorched earth.

How has NW "taken a bath"? Their own internal estimate (given to our mec from theirs) was a massive AAI presence in MKE would have cost them up to $10bln over 5 years in lost revenues from MKE/DTW/MSP. Seems to me it was a simple $250mln insurance policy.

I doubt TPG wants 170's on the certficate. They want 190's but want it at a 170 rate. I can only hope the remaining pilots do not sell us out. From what I hear on our new daily negotiating updates, that doesn't appear to be the case so far. Whose to say DAL/NWA didn't help TPG pony up the other money to try their little experiment on MEH before pulling it on the new DAL.

Last edited:
just wondering not trying to be rude, but is TPG trying to make MEH the next regional carrier for DL?

just wondering not trying to be rude, but is TPG trying to make MEH the next regional carrier for DL?

why? ALL of the current DCI carriers are cheaper and bigger to begin with.

it's starting.....see what united and aer lingus are trying to pull.......

Another question is if TPG wants 170's on the MEH certificate, where are they going to get them? They can't dry lease the current RAH airplanes. Are they going to spend the money on new airplanes?

I think someone said it before. Not a connection carrier, but a code share. 100st flying at 70st rates, 100 or so e90's= by by dc 9s. run through the big scope hole since they aren't a "connection" it's a "code share".

!!hope that it doesn't happen!!

Latest resources

Back