• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as 2003 737 prices, I guess a/c inflation has been 50% in 5 years. But I guess I will believe maxblasts "guess". What return could AAI have made taking those 2003 dollars and investing it and pulling out in 2008? How about 50% spread over the 5 years using the S&P 500. That's more than they made under their "deal". Pretty poor decision to sell airplanes from an economic standpoint I would say.

Bob Fornaro told us mid 30's in recurrent a year ago. I think his numbers would be better than a guess. The prices you see on Boeing's website are list prices and are usually discounted especially when ordering 100 airplanes during a down economy (like we did in 2003).

I don't know why you are so bitter. Airtran's management has just made some good decisions on aircraft acquisition and route expansion over the last 8 years (all of which were profitable). It is just business.

I definitely don't think Airtran is invincible but has put themselves in a good position to ride out the industry turmoil. The only airline I would rather be at more would be Southwest (if I could have my 45% relative seniority). I am not one to sit around and bitch about things or how the grass is greener somewhere else.

What, are you kidding me? but yes, we might be getting a replacement finally, this is not a growth (God forbid) but rather a 1-1 replacement to our gas guzzling 80's.

They said the market have some opportunity to obtain the new aircrafts and not at a premium like few month ago.

Will have to wait and see.

FlyWolf,

Do yourself a favor and buy a dictionary or use the spell check feature. It appears that English is a second language for you. I am impressed with your grasp of the language but your posts lose a lot of credibility with the numerous spelling errors (or is that airs?).

AWACoff and anyone who is offended by my bad spelling posts:

Please do yourself a favor and add me to your ignore list, this way you don't have to read my posts. I promise I will do the same for you.

Peace.

Last edited:
FlyWolf,

Do yourself a favor and buy a dictionary or use the spell check feature. It appears that English is a second language for you. I am impressed with your grasp of the language but your posts lose a lot of credibility with the numerous spelling errors (or is that airs?).

Doo all you dipshifts haave noting bether to du then b tha fooking gramer poleese. Yu can't rite anyting pertaneing 2 tha subjekt at hand so you criticize peeples spelling and punctuashion.

AWACOFF if I wuz alzo a tule I wud go tru your 800 posts and probly find sum stuff dats not rite.

Az a formor AWACer I can say shaame on u.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back