• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got get em KH...have a few for me buddy!

I got a fever..... And the only prescription is more kool-aid.

I GOTTA HAVE MORE KOOL-AID

Propsync said:
I got a fever..... And the only prescription is more kool-aid.

I GOTTA HAVE MORE KOOL-AID

What?....No Cow Bell?

fam62c said:
There's a big difference between what Skyway WANTS to do and what they actually do.....which most of the time is nothing. They could have gotten more ex-ACA 328's after the Delta deal fell through but they waited until the airplanes got so cheap that other parties bought them. Now they're talking about 2 more 328's and would "like" to get more. If they really wanted to get more than 2 additional 328's they would be doing it instead of talking about doing it. Skyway actually had orders for Embraers but surrendered the orders and the deposits. Now they WANT 50 seaters but they want somebody else to fly them. They went from trying to be a subcontractor for another carrier (Delta) to soliciting a subcontractor for their own flying.

Midwest has never had a clear vision of what they want Skyway to be and that's why they can never stick with a plan. I honestly think that they don't want to commit more resources to Skyway and that's why I think they will try to unload it to a subcontractor. If they can get rid of the 1900's and increase the 328's to the minimum level where there is a viable economy of scale for the fleet they may have a better chance of offloading the operation. If Midwest isn't going to expand Skyway with the 50 seaters they should be looking to get rid of it and have a subcontractor do all the Connect flying. It's a lot simpler that way. I honestly don't see the economics of operating a certificate for less than 20 airplanes or so. You can't spread out your fixed costs sufficiently.

Just my 2-cents worth, which in reality, is probably worth a lot less than 2-cents :)

no clear vision but big pay checks at the expense of Skyway, the sinking ship and YX employees....and that's without the undisclosed stock options:

KEY EXECUTIVES Pay

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=MEH

Mr. Timothy E. Hoeksema , 59
Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer, Pres and Chairman of Exec. Committee$ 723.00K$

Mr. Curtis E. Sawyer , 54
Chief Financial Officer, Principal Accounting Officer and Sr. VP$ 290.00K$

Mr. David C. Reeve , 60
Sr. VP of Operations$ 256.00K$

Ms. Carol N. Skornicka , 64
Sr. VP of Corp. Affairs, Sec. and Gen. Counsel$ 249.00K$

Mr. Scott R. Dickson , 52
Chief Marketing Officer and Sr. VP$ 280.00K$ 0Dollar amounts are as of 31-Dec-05 and compensation values are for the last fiscal year ending on that date. "Pay" is salary, bonuses, etc. "Exercised" is the value of options exercised during the fiscal year.

appendix said:
JR has been cashin'in pretty good before he left:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=MEH

Hey, these people need to be rewarded. MEH lost money for about 20 consecutive quarters but they didn't go out of business so the BOD decided that they did a great job managing the airline. Using the same standard of success I guess since I haven't crashed the airplane I've done a fantastic job flying and deserve a bonus as well. The execs will clean up on the options they were awarded while the stock was worth almost nothing, a handsom reward for a largely passive management team that almost put the company in the graveyard. The options should be awarded at the highest price that the stock has ever traded at. That way they would need to actually do something impressive before they will realize a profit from their options. Pay-for-performance my $ss!

Word on the street is there is a new hire Beech class starting in mid-october. This was inevitable. There is no way they can operate with staffing as low as they are right now on the Beech FO side. Attrition is running high right now on the bottom of the senority list. Don't be suprised if there is more than one new hire class by the year's end. Going to be a very interesting rest of the year for everybody at Skyway.

1900s

Is it true that as many as 3 of the Beechcrafts are being grounded for cracks in the wing spars? That won't help matters and I certainly haven't ever heard of problems like that before in a 1900.

Hey EX_CV580FR8Dawg, how hard have you been working these things over anyway? For every hour you fly one of these things, it should count as 1.5 against the airframe or something! For crying out loud, you're not flying freight anymore!:D

Latest resources

Back