Midwest Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
I'm thinking that Air Wisconsin already flies over Lake Michigan and has for years. It doesn't really matter how often you expose your pax to ditching. The FAA wants the flotation devices even for a C150. More than likely, a certain flight attendant safety nazi has stirred the pot and forced BP to enact a new policy.
Humm.... I wonder who you are talking about..... wink wink say no more

Here's another one to add to the list:

The AWAC DO at one of the town-hall meetings in PHL last week stated that Midwest wants Skyway to dump the Beech's and double the Doinker fleet.

Kenny said:

The AWAC DO at one of the town-hall meetings in PHL last week stated that Midwest wants Skyway to dump the Beech's and double the Doinker fleet.

That has always been our goal....pretty hard to fin any more quality dorks out there now though

Kenny said:

There's a big difference between what Skyway WANTS to do and what they actually do.....which most of the time is nothing. They could have gotten more ex-ACA 328's after the Delta deal fell through but they waited until the airplanes got so cheap that other parties bought them. Now they're talking about 2 more 328's and would "like" to get more. If they really wanted to get more than 2 additional 328's they would be doing it instead of talking about doing it. Skyway actually had orders for Embraers but surrendered the orders and the deposits. Now they WANT 50 seaters but they want somebody else to fly them. They went from trying to be a subcontractor for another carrier (Delta) to soliciting a subcontractor for their own flying.

Midwest has never had a clear vision of what they want Skyway to be and that's why they can never stick with a plan. I honestly think that they don't want to commit more resources to Skyway and that's why I think they will try to unload it to a subcontractor. If they can get rid of the 1900's and increase the 328's to the minimum level where there is a viable economy of scale for the fleet they may have a better chance of offloading the operation. If Midwest isn't going to expand Skyway with the 50 seaters they should be looking to get rid of it and have a subcontractor do all the Connect flying. It's a lot simpler that way. I honestly don't see the economics of operating a certificate for less than 20 airplanes or so. You can't spread out your fixed costs sufficiently.

Just my 2-cents worth, which in reality, is probably worth a lot less than 2-cents :)

n757st said:
Word around the camp fire at Air Willy is that no one but Wisconsin is still talking to Midwest... We might or might not get it, but the rumor from the big wigs is that if anyone gets the RFP, it will be ole willy.

Good luck to all of you guys at Air Wisconsin. You deserve this flying and I hope that you all get it.

-A fellow XJT pilot

SkyBoy1981 said:
Good luck to all of you guys at Air Wisconsin. You deserve this flying and I hope that you all get it.

-A fellow XJT pilot

Deserve?

I don't buy into JR being groomed for anything, TH would never relinquish HIS airline to anyone. JR was made a VP at midex so that he would have to take his orders directly from TH and CS(nazi witch).
As far as all these therioes on mergers with anyone see my 1st sentence. Midwest is an a typical ultra conservative run toy for M&I Bank and Tim's golf buddies.
I say a silent prayer for my friends still at SYX that they don't get humped in the butt AGAIN by false hopes and empty promisses. SYX CP is still a enema bag and Midex managements plans always seems to be to wait and see how big of a whole they can get themselves into.

I'm going back to bed and see if I can get out on the correct side of it!

<---thats the name for the flame

that time of the month again joey?

EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:

Well, assuming you all at Skyway don't get it. I feel for the guys at AWAC after UAL hosed them and I'm sure many of them would like to be closer to home again. I'd love to see anyone but the usual cut-throat underbidders get it.

This $hit is killin me................................BOTTOM LINE. Nobody knows what is actually happening here at syx. All said thus far besides JR leaving for AWAC and 2 more dorks on the way is BS. Nobody knows how the RFP's ACTUALLY came back in(price) and who, if anybody, is still in the running for the flying.

I'm a little frustrated watching friends leave the company in droves and the extreme uncertanty in my own future here at SYX. Even crabbier now that I read 9 pages of BS with a banging headache(hangover)...............time for a beer.

Thanks for lettin' me vent.......off to airport lounge...................

Latest resources

Back