• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Flight Crew Members get shafted again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't start the thread drift, was just correcting someone who thought that AAI pilots got paid like Walmart employees... ;)

5 year 717 F/O $90 an hour.

Our 717 F/O's make close to 6 figures just flying their lines (training overrides and per diem push it to 6 figures easily). Show me a Walmart employee lower than a V.P. level who makes that...

Just so we're comparing apples to apples. ;)

Just think when a 5th year fo at AT without per diem and overrides makes a cool 150K at SWA.LOL

Just think when a 5th year fo at AT without per diem and overrides makes a cool 150K at SWA.LOL
I certainly won't complain (and doubt many of our F/O's will, either). No argument your contract is better than ours, hands-down.

Tex, quit trying to show them that their apples are really oranges!!!
Ummm, I think you missed the context. Wasn't comparing our pay to SWA's, was responding to Roughneck when he asserted that a 717 FO at AAI was working for Walmart wages, in this quote:

roughneck said:
.............says the 50 year old 717 RJ pilot working for walmart wages.

Nah, I didn't take offense. It's Flightinfo, a lot of things come across a little snarky, me included, even when we don't mean to. :beer:

If the swa-airtran arbitrator gives a $h.t about flight attendant seniority then we are all screwed. who cares!

On the contrary, historically the FA's Union Leadership has done a much better job of protecting/taking care of themselves than the pilots'. Can we "me too" whatever they get?

I don't think that is in question. You will come with the deal but that doesn't guarantee you a job with SWA. You will be an AirTran employee under your existing contract until he decides otherwise. He may never make that decision.

That may be so. I doubt it though. I know you don't think so but he has to honor our contract. That is part of the deal. I take GK for his word so I don't see a alter ego here. YMMV.

On the contrary, historically the FA's Union Leadership has done a much better job of protecting/taking care of themselves than the pilots'. Can we "me too" whatever they get?
I also wouldn't doubt they are the ones to gum the works up the most as they begin to realize what their seniority will look like in the end, whichever way that may fall.

Latest resources

Back