Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All hail the newest Village Idiot- eightdriver

eightdriver said:
Didn't Airtran post a growth REDUCTION!!! Don't bet on a 2-3 year upgrade...

Every village has their Idiot, and I guess you are our newest one. All Hail 8driver, just crowned our newest V.I. (Village Idiot).

The 737 CA awards for September actually dropped down to 2 years, 4 months, where it will likely remain for a while, with 6 more 737 this year, 19+ for 2007, 20 more in 2008. and a total of 70 73NG's ordered, I think the upgrade will stay below the 3 year mark for quite a while . . . of course, our Village Idiot heard otherwise, so let's go with his info.:rolleyes:

Hey, V.I., how about telling us when our new contract will be TA'd . . . . let us know what your magic 8-ball says . . . .

Last edited:
So what kind of stuff to they do on a Midex interview?

50 question written technical test. 85% to pass. Basically out of the ATP written guide but each question has 4 possible answers instead of 3 like in the Gleim.
Then a series of panel interviews. Two 1 on 1 interviews about 30 min each. Then three 2 on 1 interviews at about 30 min each. Mostly situational type questions. Almost all of our applicants have been a PIC at a regional airline so alot of the ?'s are tailored torwards past 121 experience in the PIC role.
Overall a very enjoyable experience. Everyone is very freindly and relaxed. None of this intimidation bull$hit.

As Mr Webb says... Our upgrade isn't 3 years so maybe you would be better off at Value Jet...oop's I mean Airtran.

so with the projected growth decrease ( that sure sounds like an oxymoron) what do ya tranny guys see as an upgrade time for a newhire??? Wheres the next crew base gonna be????? Whats the rumor for year 1 FO pay on the next contract???? And when you are done with the crystal ball can I borrow it!

Latest resources

Back