Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
They have been very happy with us syxers. I just submitted my packet today. The wait begins. Good luck everyone!

Dude, put your stuff in at AirTran . . . more pay, much faster upgrade, and better retirement . . . .;)

Why?

Why would anyone want to go to Air Tran? They aren't based in WI. If you get the chance to live and work in the best state in the country you take it!

Cheese Blood said:
Why would anyone want to go to Air Tran? They aren't based in WI. If you get the chance to live and work in the best state in the country you take it!

Who wants to live where they work? ;)

Wisconsin is great . . . about 5 months out of the year. Work at AirTran, bid MKE layovers, you'll have more money to spend on New Glarus beer, cheese, and snowmobiles, or ice-houses, or snowshoes, or Packers tickets, or chicks that wear blue eyeshadow and end every sentence like it's a question?

hey ty, I do not know why you believe pay is so much better at airtran, looking at airline pilot central, fo pay is almost the same, yes airtran captains make a little more, but if you calculate the cost of living in ATL vs MKE you may almost come out the same. Midwest is a much smaller airline, flying primarily 88 seat aircraft, thats not bad looking at their payscale.jetblue 190 pilots with 100 seats make much less.but I'm happy for you that you like airtran, good for you....

Ty is right on the money!
Wisconsins' a fun place to visit. Having grown up there and lived everywhere else, I can honestly say there is more to life.....much more!!! If you like tattooed chicks with cage-free kids...fine, but Midwest is not the place to expand ones carrier. Air Tran is the fastest upgrade in the majar airline industry. Go there and buy a summer house on Lake Kegonsa.

metroplex said:
hey ty, I do not know why you believe pay is so much better at airtran, looking at airline pilot central, fo pay is almost the same

FO pay at AirTran is $3.00/ hr more the first year, and the second year pay at both carriers is the same, but some of the most recent 737 CA awards went to pilots hired in March 2004, which means they were less than 2.5 years to upgrade, versus 8 at MH

, yes airtran captains make a little more, but if you calculate the cost of living in ATL vs MKE you may almost come out the same.

What are you smoking? The difference between being a 3rd or 4th yr CA at AirTran versus a 3rd or 4th yr FO at Midex (which is what counts) is basically doubling the pay. It would take you until 10th yr Midex CA pay to make what a 5th year AirTran CA makes

Midwest is a much smaller airline, flying primarily 88 seat aircraft, thats not bad looking at their payscale...

The payscales at AirTran and Midex are for the same airplane, dude . . . B717-200.

Also, Midex and AirTran used to be the same size, but AirTran has been growing over 20% year-over-year for the past 5 years, which iswhy the upgrade is so fast, compared to Midex, which has been treading water.

Im keeping my options open... not ruling anything out at this point. It would be nice to have to decide on more than just one company.

metroplex said:
relax ty, did your boyfriend dump you?

I guess when you don't have anything else to say . . . call the other guy a homosexual . . . . whatever works for ya.

Have a nice life. . . .

Latest resources

Back