• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Air Group Board Determines Revised AirTran Offer is Inadequate;

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it probably will for a short time due to momentum on the down turn, but your stock is down 50% also. why are you happy about this? you sound like a 3rd grader who is taking his toys and running home.
You forget... I don't WANT the acquisition to go through. I don't want the hassle of seniority integration, figuring out a new time to upgrade, longer time as an F/O, or anything to do with being based in the North.

I'm not a petulant child "taking my toys and running home"; I simply think the whole thing is amusing - kind of like our own, personal, running soap opera.

again the board is completely separate from senior management. goldman sachs, who made this call, is separate from MEH senior management. you seem like you want this to be personal again.
Ummm... maybe you ought to take a look at the organizational structure of a corporation again.

Goldman Sachs didn't make that announcement, the senior management of Midwest did upon receiving a unanimous vote from the Board of Directors.

Read the press release, I think Hoeksema says "our board" and "the board" about 7 times in 2 paragraphs...

well the EXPERTS that people hire at Goldman Sachs disagree with you. so are we to believe an air tran fo or the folks at goldman sachs?
I didn't say you should believe me. I personally don't care if you do or not. I've made almost double my salary every year making bets in the aviation marketplace, and I simply made an educated bet.

Additionally, something smells awfully fishy here from a financial standpoint with Goldman Sachs' recommendations. In the end, we may or may not find out the truth of why they're acting against all common sense in the financial and aviation community, my puny analytical skills as a lowly airtran f/o notwitshstanding. ;)

my puny analytical skills as a lowly airtran f/o notwitshstanding. ;)

or mine as a puny eagle fo. ;)

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=88626&p=irol-govboard

there is only one person of senior management on the BoD at midwest (Tim H.). it is their job to govern senior management and make sure they are not acting in its own interests. the quotes are all "The board" and "Our board" are referring to this group. This group hired goldman sachs to report back to it in making an informed decision. are we arguing semantics here?

ps any hot airline stock tips you want to pass along feel free to do so. i simply avoid them, unless i work there (hence the recent MEH and AAI purchase).

Looks like in there SEC filing that they had to move the share holders meeting to June. Also they announced that they will have a bigger lose for the 1st quarter of 07 than they they did in 06 and lowered guidance for the whole year in 07. I hope there plan works

Honest Question....Why are the Midwest pilots opposed? Its a 20% payraise, stronger combined company, and pretty good integration (1 to 5 or so has been tossed around).

Some wants the merger but some don't, a lot of the senior guys are happy with the current situation and don't want to change anything.

At the end non of us have any say in the matter, wish both Airtran and Midwest the best of luck going forward.

as a previous member stated, It was related to the company. Not the pilot group....Am I going to be Imused?? (I hear that thats a verb now, kinda like googled)

RV

Latest resources

Back