Midway

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PhatAJ2008

SO I know most these reporters are idiots when it comes to aviation, but one said today that this may help push forward the plan to close all airports within a highly populated area that were only designed for prop planes... Is this true? Do they have plans on closing any airports?

PhatAJ2008 said:
SO I know most these reporters are idiots when it comes to aviation, but one said today that this may help push forward the plan to close all airports within a highly populated area that were only designed for prop planes... Is this true? Do they have plans on closing any airports?

Who's they? The media? Developers? The government?

This is another reason pilots and others involved in aviation need to join AOPA. There are too many idiots like this reporter talking out of their ass. BTW, who was this reporter and who did he work for?

I'm sorry I don't remember the reporter... Maybe was even a local one. The statment just caught me by surprise...

PhatAJ2008 said:
Well, if the air marshalls can assume that bombs can get on airliners and shoot people because of that assumption, can't residents that live near airports assume the same thing?

I would hate to be living by some small aiport served by airline jets and have one of those suckers pile into my front yard.

"hello"

"hello"

"yes. I just moved here and I would like to file a complaint about low flying aircraft making noise over my new house."

"sir. I understand that more than one aircraft is flying low over your house. Is that correct?"

"Yes. They are flying low one after the other."

"Wow. What is your address?"

"My address is 123 Airport Road."

"Ohhh! Sir, do you realize you live next to the airport?"

"Well, I was wondering about the name of my street but I didn't actually think there would be any airplanes flying so low near here."

"The aircraft have to fly low in order to take off and land."

"I think I understand but, couldn't they do it someplace else? I just built my new house here and think it's unfair."

"This is another reason pilots and others involved in aviation need to join AOPA."

They saved Meigs right? I'll keep my fifty bucks....

its 39.00 bucks

PhatAJ2008 said:
Wasn't the airport there first?
what difference does that make? If SWA can't keep their airplanes on the airport property, maybe they should find somwhere else to play airline.

Latest resources

Back