Midway to become USAir Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1

Surplus, did I call ANYONE of ANY pilot group a scab!!? NO!! Just read and quit inserting words I didn't type.

re-read my post "They will be toeing a fine line on the definition of promoting scabbing, that is when pilots are taking the work of the current contractual pilot group and while pilots are on furlough... or for that matter even putting pilots on furlough to bring in a pilot from outside the pilot group to take a currently occupied seat to assure the 50% requirement is met."

What I did was post just like many others that I have heard hundreds of pilots calling other pilots "scabs" b/c of so many various reasons I cannot name them all. I do believe, and you can correct me in a non-curt way, this will set a precedent (meaning it has never happened before) where ALPA has signed and used union dollars to back the replacement of ALPA pilots jobs, with other preffered ALPA pilots. YOU GIVE ME A NEW DEFINITION AND WE CAN SUBMIT IT TOGETHER FOR THE NEXT FLYING THE LINE SERIES. I will be holding a picket sign on the day they show up to the property! Does anyone else think they would join me or go to their hq's and hold a picket sign when they show up to walk in the front door as your pilots are pushed out the back???????????????????

Surplus asserted, "With all due respect canadflyau, where have you been? ALPA has already set the precedent. The ALPA has already defined a preffered group of member pilots. " I didn't know that they had! If so, many other pilot groups than just CC Air would be dragging ALPA into legal procedings. Do point me to a past example where ALPA has put contractual legal language together and signed it knowing that they are violating other ALPA pilots contracts, and taking their jobs away!! I guess maybe its not scabbing but clearly is called STEALING! Makes them crooks, and robbers. They are stealing/stripping our only tangible assets away: our seniority, and in many cases our actual means to support our familes.

numb to the continual pain,
canadflyau

Canadflyau,

My friend you and I are on the same side. Don't get tangled up in semantics. It's not scabbing, but it is the dirtiest way to play pool.

Why do you think Comair pilots are suing ALPA? I can assure you it is NOT to get on Delta's seniority list. It is to keep ALPA from taking away the jobs and the growth we've had for 25 years. That is why I said they are already doing it.

I support the USAG wholly owned carriers. I think what is being done to them is atrocious. Yes management is a part of it, but the union is supporting the U pilots at the expense of other ALPA pilots and their lives. I think the WO's should be suing too.

There are other ways that this could have been done to give the Company what it needs, help the furloughed U pilots get back to work and NOT shaft the WO's in the process. It wasn't done that way. ALPA made the choice to do it they way that they have. I'm dead set against it and I think you all should be doing something about it. I do not understand why you are not.

Maybe you can help me to understand. Anyway, we are on the same side. I'm just touchy about the word Scab. If we keep changing its meaning, it will have no meaning.

Regards

tarp said:
The USAirways message to all of the WO's and partners is this: "play ball or get cut out". CHQ says no but is buffered by the new Delta Connection contract. But they arent going to feel too good if USAirways says "sorry, we no longer need your services - Midway will be getting your lines."

It's true the CHQ pilots voted down J4J but we did it before the Delta deal was public. As for CHQ getting shut out I doubt that. Our parent company "Wexford" was the one who got Shuttle America their deal with U after they bought them out.

Wexford is also debtor in possession at Midway. That might be the conection that got the a U deal.

Midway also has gate space at RDU. USAir could increase thier presents in a major NC market, important business center and one of the fastest growing communities.

It also gives Wexford another pilot group to leverage against the CHQ pilots.

In other words gentlemen, it looks like a giant sh1t sandwich and we are all going to have to take a bite.

Latest resources

Back