Midway suspends ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CatYaaak

Midway Airlines suspended operations tonight...again. Hope all those getting sent out on the street (about 60 pilots and 80 F/As) with this latest middle-of-the-night announcement find new situations soon. May your next employer treat you decently.

(looks like they should have kept the RJs instead of those 737s)

You're right. I just read the releases from the press and Midway. Looks like in 60 days (if they jump through the hoops) the will re-emerge as a US Air feeder operating CRJs. 50% of the seats will go to USAir mainline furloughees. 5 aircraft at first, then two added every 3 weeks until they get 18 (with the option to increase that # to 48).

One stipulation is that they reach "long term agreements with the pilot and flight attendant unions".

With the record of Midway and being a WO by USAir, I'd give anything to fly for that company!!

What a recipe for disaster.

My condolences to the pilots who continually get abused by these two.

Hey guys, I was an Ex Midway guy, and I'll let you in on a little known fact.

This new plan makes Midway a CRJ operator for USAirways. Did you know that Bob Ferguson the CEO is also a leasing agent for Canadair? Looks like another CEO gets a sweet deal while the rest of the employees get the shaft.

I really hate this guy! He put CO on the brink of disaster, He tore up a great small airline which was Midway before "Bob", oh what ever....

Best of luck to the New Ex-Midway guys!!!!!

J3

WOW!!!

Well...as of this morning I'm even happier I decided to stay Air Force vice go to my August 6th 2001 ground school class with Midway...I mean US Airways Express. To ALL the folks who
work(ed) for Midway...my sympathies, I hope something comes down the pike SOON!! I guess in my case, it was better to be lucky than good. LOL to all.

Furloughed JI guy...

My heart goes out to all you Midway crewmembers going through this again. I was there last year when this happened and remember all too well how it felt.

Good luck to you all....Midway was a great place to work!!

Ditto's to w8n....

To those loyal Midway folks....I feel your pain. I thought the highest of each and every one of you. Good luck to all of you!!!

"We already have qualified and trained pilots, flight attendants and mechanics," Ferguson said. "Our people are already fully trained. If nothing else, you don't have to expend the training costs."

Really Bob? It's almost been 1 year since the CRJ's and F-100's left the property, so how did you keep crews trained and qualified on the CRJ equipment?

Oh, and I quess you will call back the CRJ guys out of senority like you did to fill the 73 seats.

JI guys, sorry you have to deal with Bob the Blob.

To the readers of Flightinfo.com, Please excuse my ramblings for hating Bob Ferguson and how he ruined a good airline. It really is a bit of healing to vent

J3:p

I agree whole heartedly!!!!!!

Midway was a great airline until Bob Ferguson came on board.

I still can't believe he is STILL there!!!! Incredible!!!!

Latest resources

Back