• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they will start thinking about CAT 2/3, but we usually like to sleep on any decisions for like 5 years or so.

Yeah. And after the first year that only has one day that needed cat 2, they'll bag it. I will say this, your question mark future is looking better than the red ink past every day.

Uncle Timmy

This is just the jaded, ex-Skyway employee in me talking, but I tell you Timmy needs the Northwest sale to go through so he gets his golden parachute. That cockbag deserves a golden shower instead for the way he treats the employees of Midwest and Skyway (and their careers, futures, bank accounts, etc)...

Wow, and I thought I was bitter. Somebody earlier said he could only handle 20-30 airplanes, which would explain how Skyway wasn't run at all. If I knew then what I know now.....

Maybe they will start thinking about CAT 2/3, but we usually like to sleep on any decisions for like 5 years or so.

SS is echoing your sentiments on the alpa site.

not only that but it will take a year to implement as they will not have large groups of classes strictly for this and then ship large groups off to ATL to play in the box. my guess is it will be on the recurrent ground and RFT syllabus and everyone won't be qualified until a year from when it starts.

So yesterday would have gone like......
CS: "CA Smith we have a trip for you."
CA: "It's pretty foggy out. I am not Cat II qualified yet."
keep trucking down the list......

thankfully, no poopiegate here, like at PSA.

Last edited:
There certainly aren't any 1900 rumors on the Skyway side of the fence. If they had their way the 1900s would have been gone years ago. Now that Big Sky is going bye-bye that only further draws out our commitment to the EAS routes with our 4 airplanes. Our chief pilot left for Big Sky about a month ago and he is already out of a job as of the end of January. People here are just hopeful TPG keeps us around when this thing goes through.

I heard all this was in the works, but that it is going to take 2 years to get everybody qualified.

Aren't all the SkyWest CRJ's Cat II already?

Hasn't this been the 6th or 7th time since October that something on this scale has happened? How about those Q4 numbers? November alone drove Big Sky out of business.

Timmy

Not sure exactly how Uncle Timmy Hoeksema got that nickname, but it was popular at Skyway and a little bit at Midwest. I think there was a little South Park 'Tim-Mayyyy' in there as well.
Another nickname I heard and loved was Baghdad Carol Skornica. It was after Baghdad Bob, the Information Minister, from the Second Gulf War. Remember how he'd sit there on his balcony and say "there are no Americans in Baghdad," while an Apache hovered in the background?
Similarly, everything Baghdad Carol said was crap as well and was not to be trusted.

Buyout maybe getting less likely.

I think that there's a chance for this deal to fall through in the near future. If NWA and DAL get into serious merger discussions the MEH deal will become nothing more than a distraction. NWA/DAL will probably need to divest some combined assetts to appease the DOJ and an ownership stake in MEH with a first option to but the whole company will be just one more thing that the DOJ will need to consider. Why take the chance that a little deal could affect the outcome of a much more important, bigger deal? The penalty costs for NWA to walk away from the MEH deal are merely a spit in the ocean compared to the dollars involved with a NWA/DAL deal. I'll bet that TPG would be happy to just walk away from this whole thing right now if they could get paid back for their breakup fees and money out of pocket spent on this deal.

I'm not saying that this is going to fall apart but it wouldn't surprise me now that NWA/DAL may be happening. If this deal implodes I don't see any way that MEH could survive on it's own with oil at these levels and a slowing economy. I think MEH would be forced to sit down and discuss a friendly merger with AAI if they are even interested anymore given the prevailing economic conditions in the economy and industry. If I were a stockholder I would get out at $14 or whatever it is today, the risk just isn't worth it. If the deal falls this is $6-7/share stock.

Latest resources

Back