• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slack, glad we could help you out on getting Christmas off. Our pilots have been trying to get CAT 3 for years. The argument from mgmt was benefit/cost ratio was not in our favor because of our size and not enough major fog events to justify. So we're supposed to get it in 08 but now with Timmy screamin poor-mouth it will probably get shelved again.

The original plans for all the new hire classes in Jan, and Feb were to cover the training bubble to get it done. Thats what I was told by AH from the training dept. He was dispatching our flight at the time.

I would figure that one fog event per year like yesterday would be a loss of revenue alone to justify the costs of Cat III. Heck, look at every spring! Then again it's a weather event so I don't know how much extra the airline had to pay out to pax. You guys always do a great job getting me to work. Thank You! Always a top notch experience. Great group of guys/gals. I truly hope things work out.

Thank you for answering our questions! We've been in MKE all week enjoying the fun and games on Flightaware. Betting on who would get in and who wouldn't helped me eat this week...

You seem to let the piss ants stomp on you. I've seen some good pilots get caught up in the menutia and become so disallusioned, they forget about the good things of flying. The "Zone Fivers" is an old Pentagon term, so forget it, ya had to be there. How did you become so famous at Alteon in ATL? And Cat 3's are pretty cool, if you do them right.

famous in Alteon? really? must be all the dancing on the bar, topless. our check airman love that stuff.

today was just as f@#$ed up. i think our DCA flights will be full for a month with the cxl's there the last couple of days.

cat ii/iii is right around the corner, along with the electronic flight bag, new takeoff performance system, and furloughs. cat iii is a priority for all the old kooks who aren't retiring now, they will have to do an autoland.

I am supposed to deadhead to DCA tomorrow.

famous in Alteon? really? must be all the dancing on the bar, topless. our check airman love that stuff.

today was just as f@#$ed up. i think our DCA flights will be full for a month with the cxl's there the last couple of days.

cat ii/iii is right around the corner, along with the electronic flight bag, new takeoff performance system, and furloughs. cat iii is a priority for all the old kooks who aren't retiring now, they will have to do an autoland.
It was that FA you were caught with in sim 3-ha ha. CAT III will be cool. Not actually used alot, but good to have. Now EFB-that would be great AND used alot. Yer right, today was a headache day wx wise. Have a Great Christmas!

Skyway had Cat 2 ready to go just before ME, but they wouldn't justify the cost of the training on either end. And there was no way they would let Skyway get signed off before ME. You would think that a couple of days like this in MKE (1000RVR) would justify the cost. Especially during a holiday.

CAT III in the 1900 was coming right after WAAS GPS/AP avionics upgrade and the arrival of the J528/728s. :beer:

I can think of 5 events in the last 10 weeks at MKE that were "challenging, " but part of that was due to the county's ability (or lack thereof) to keep the runways clear.

A little birdy told me that, after the last en masse divert to MSN, there were a pair of 717s and a 1900 stuck because they looked liked popsicles and couldn't get deiced. Any truth to this? Also, with all the JAing I heard about, I'm amazed they think they still need to furlough. Best of luck, all!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back