MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here it comes.....

.....I want to assure you that the decisions we make with respect to 2008, even if they are difficult ones, will be in the best long-term interests of our company......

here it comes.....

Last time I heard TH say that I ended up on the street not long after the statement, they simply don't care, I wonder how much his bonus is going to be for "saving" the company during economy down turn. I really hope the union take the news to the media and remind them with all the "stakeholder" bs we heard from this management.

Hindsight is always too late, it is too bad midex pilot group was unable to force midex management to sale the operation to airtran and hope for a better outcome. Good luck all.

Hindsight is always too late, it is too bad midex pilot group was unable to force midex management to sale the operation to airtran and hope for a better outcome. Good luck all.

while i agree with your sentiment...

midwest management had no say in the sale, it's the Board of Directors (of which Tim is the only management voicepiece). the pilots had no say in the matter other than to say no to the extension "offer".

i am really happy management is still working on our planning for next year with two weeks to spare. can tpg get some airline management to help us grow instead of KC flight department folks?

midwest management had no say in the sale, it's the Board of Directors (of which Tim is the only management voicepiece). the pilots had no say in the matter other than to say no to the extension "offer".

Wrong. If they had properly managed, they would have not had to sell (remember that stand-alone plan?). Their incompetence has led you down this road. Why do you keep defending these idiots CL? The BOD signed off on Tim's plan, you guys stood behind it. Why should you guys be suprised this is playing out like it is?

Wrong. If they had properly managed, they would have not had to sell (remember that stand-alone plan?). Their incompetence has led you down this road. Why do you keep defending these idiots CL? The BOD signed off on Tim's plan, you guys stood behind it. Why should you guys be suprised this is playing out like it is?

What did I say that is wrong? The Board of Directors govern the company, management doesn't. It's called corporate structuring, read about it. I'm not defending anything, just keeping people straight on HOW things work. The pilot group would have no input in the sale either way, unless we had a seat ON THE BOARD. We could have shouted and shouted and it wouldn't have stopped it. 50% of the group was vocally for the AirTran deal, one even wrote JL a letter that was included in one of their SEC filings and it didn't make a lick of difference.

So what is it propsync? You say management sells us out and then in the same breath blame the pilots. So one side of your mouth is stating we should have stood up, beaten our chests, etc. and the other side says it was just management doing what they want. If you want to blame some pilots start with your own house and look in the mirror.

You're getting a little wound up CL. You missed my point. Tim and the board said stand alone plan. They (management) then had to manage the company to ensure success of said plan. They failed. Miserably. So management did have a say by performing to the level needed to stay independent. So when you say nobody had a say but the BOD, you are incorrect. The BOD had the FINAL say. Don't get so wrapped up in who the judges are and what corporate structure is.

I had a say in all of this. I quit. I never believed in the stand-alone plan. I wasn't alone, many more of us quit, all at the same time. Some were still going to Midwest. Since the managers couldn't manage this, it cost the company a ton of money. We had two fleet supervisors quit the same day with no notice. Coupled with the Skywest startup and oil going nuts, it was, for me, the perfect time to make my voice heard. I am curious, though, what did Skyway pilots do that was so wrong? Be a part of something we didn't believe in? Be neutral so the pool wasn't flushed so the guys that did believe in Midwest could go there? Maybe we should have been for the merger, had the pool flushed so these guys would go elsewhere and wouldn't be anywhere near this crap? We were already sold out, CL, there was nothing left for us to lose.

Look, if 50% of the pilot group said they favored a merger, do you think your union should have sided with the company? I think you guys could have influenced the non-Airtran board members a little bit in favor of a merger. Would it have changed the outcome? Who knows. I know I'd try to take a 7-1 intergration (sp) over a company that hasn't turned much of an operating profit for years.

Regardless, Timmy gets the blame from both angles. He's not only management, but also Chairman of the Board. He can't point to the Board and claim that they are at fault, because he is Chairman of that board, and he can't point to management and claim that they're incompetent, because he's President and CEO. The guy is a selfish prick that really doesn't care about the company, the employees, the shareholders, or the community. He cares only about himself.

The guy is a selfish prick that really doesn't care about the company, the employees, the shareholders, or the community. He cares only about himself.

I believe that is the definition of an Airline CEO. On another note if the TPG deal gos through and Tim is still CEO and President I would be very surprised. I guess I did support the stand alone plan at first. I also supported GW Bush at first. Oops.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back