• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mideast Airlines Taking Over

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep- yet flyer thinks it's in someway similar to the govt subsidization of ME carriers. I suppose if you want to be liberal in your use of the definition, you could say Jblu was subsidized (receiving govt help to grow) and of course virgin America who is very heavily "subsidized" by foreign entities without who's help, they would already be tits up.
Prove your case on government subsidization of ME carriers? How are they paying any less on fuel? And sure, I'd be all for more foreign ownership here. I'd rather deal with them then the crooks here running corporations and the government.

The only thing the middle east is good for is to take a dump in.

Wrong! It's a great place to take your dead batteries and any other toxic trash. At least that's what a lot of guys in my squadron did when went TDY over there again and again and again.
That, and you could buy freon there for cheap.

My point is, what is the big deal about Emirates flying to JFK from MXP.

Emirates does not have Fifth Freedom Rights so they can't sell a direct JFK-MXP seat. It has to be JFK-DXB-MXP. You MUST pass through DXB.

Prove your case on government subsidization of ME carriers? How are they paying any less on fuel? And sure, I'd be all for more foreign ownership here. I'd rather deal with them then the crooks here running corporations and the government.

I take it that the only Middle East you know about is Jersey/Delaware.
I don't know anyone who's been to the other ME for any period of time who would honestly describe it as anything other than a cesspool of bribery and corruption.

I don't know anyone who's been to the other ME for any period of time who would honestly describe it as anything other than a cesspool of bribery and corruption.

Sounds like our "middle East" the one right between Maryland and Virginia!

Flying coach on Emirates puts American, Delta, and United Business Class to shame...

Just sayin'.

YKW

Emirates coach is nothing to write home about. Their 1st class is a little better but not much. I have flown them both. A recent survey had Deltas 1st class ranked higher than Emirates. Delta 1st compared to Emirates Coach....not even close.

I have a hard time believing this. I flew EK SFO-DXB in Economy. It was 10 abreast seating and it was complete torture. Even UA and DL do only 9 abreast in Economy. BusinessFirst lie flat seat is just no comparison at all to Economy on EK.

That was my findings as well too. Emirates coach is a sardine can and the service was nothing over the top. He clearly hasn't flow Delta 1st on an international leg.

Delta got that by merging with NWA,

NWA had that since Dec 1947 approved by US and Japanese Government because the launched Japan Airlines.
PANAM got that as well which was sold to United in 85....

So it's ok for the U.S. airlines but no other airlines who can get 5th freedom routes approved?

Congress should ban the Gulf Airlines because 37 percent tax on the ticket sales versus 10 percent on a 40 billion dollar yearly gross sales is over 10 billion more taxes for Delta or United or American versus Emirates

Sounds like a personal problem to me. The US government needs to fix their obsession with taxation. Every country has different taxation rates/strategies and there is never a level playing field for airlines based in different countries.

Latest resources

Back