• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mid-late 90's RJ pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your bad indeed, you gibbering gimp. That list of aircraft is what mainline entities were operating in that time frame, on routes now served by what you call RJs. They WERE the RJs, and they were paying at a mainline payscale. The fact that this point was entirely missed by you makes fart jokes look like War and Peace.

Go find out who the first operators of the modified Challenger jet and the jet powered Brasilia, look in the mirror, and apologize to that guy for being that dumb.

And the decisions made by mainline pilots to turn their noses up at RJs had nothing to do with it, right? Go find out which pilot group was first to do that and kick them in the collective nuts for being that dumb...

And the decisions made by mainline pilots to turn their noses up at RJs had nothing to do with it, right? Go find out which pilot group was first to do that and kick them in the collective nuts for being that dumb...

Exactly!!

Okay, Einstein. Clearly I have to hold your hand through this, because you've made your case explicitly clear. Sadly, you've defended yourself brilliantly- using the argument that you're a moron and folks in the know should have protected you.

Who is lauging? Management. You think the fellas you suggest I slap in the janglies give a rat's arse? You pathetic moron...

Wait. Since you clearly have an entire pair of firing neurons, let me
plant a better question in your logic addled pisspot.

Here ya go! What would I be making, in 1995 dollars, of I was paid 21,000 dollars today? Better yet, reverse it. See what 21k spends like today?

I waste calories typing here. You're clearly too damned stupid to
get the fact that the map you are TOTALLY BEING AWESOME to make is cut off by your existence.

Enjoy.

The profession weeps for you. Ya moron.

I'll give a real answer. In 1995, I turned down an offer from Great Lakes to fly the EMB-120 for $12,000 a year. Of course, in order to get this great pay they required new hires to pay $11,500 to the Comair Aviation Academy for training costs.

First year net income: Five Hundred Dollars.

Okay, Einstein. Clearly I have to hold your hand through this, because you've made your case explicitly clear. Sadly, you've defended yourself brilliantly- using the argument that you're a moron and folks in the know should have protected you.

Who is lauging? Management. You think the fellas you suggest I slap in the janglies give a rat's arse? You pathetic moron...

Here ya go! What would I be making, in 1995 dollars, of I was paid 21,000 dollars today? Better yet, reverse it. See what 21k spends like today?

get the fact that the map you are TOTALLY BEING AWESOME to make is cut off by your existence.

Enjoy.

How eloquent, you are truly a credit to the profession.

How eloquent, you are truly a credit to the profession.
Sig would have an incredibly bright future in television if he wasn't so damn ugly. I still wonder why he allows his brain to bake and lose cells in a Dash 8.:laugh:

Enjoy.

Sig, Your writing style is kind of funny. That said, you're an a$$hole. (maybe I am one too for think that you're funny)

Anyway, you probably get your rocks off by engaging in mindlessly misplaced insults. A guy asked a simple question and you pulled out one huge non sequitur by misapplication of your knowledge of airline history.

In other words, you're being dumb. Don't be dumb.

Get out of the house every once in a while.....it'll broaden your horizons.

And then those same pilot groups who gave away those aircraft (size issues???) and approved alter ego operations, then get mad at pilots who get hired at those alter ego operations for taking their jobs.

Even turboprops flown by airlines like Frontier, or Hughes Airwest probably paid better in the 1970s in raw dollars (without inflating the 70s pay to compare to present) than turboprops pay today.

I hate to try to get this thing back on track, but somebody out there must have a copy of the "first" RJ payscales, as well as the scales for the smaller mainline jets of that era.

Latest resources

Back