Miami Air ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the award goes to...

I think Tywebb gets the "most bestest Airtran employee award" for the month of March... hell, lets give him April too... I couldnt resist.

Ill go ahead and say it for you Ty, Yes UPS has scabs too, I am 110% IPA, but I dont carry a list around in my pocket.

Ill bet thoase SWA pilots tossed and turned all night long... :D

BIGBROWNDC8 Ill go ahead and say it for you Ty said:
I don't know about that, but I'll bet they came to the realization that when you dismiss an airline as being "full of scabs", not only are you insulting the 90-something percent of us who aren't scabs, but you are likely insulting people who struck the whole time and lost everything. . . . . ya never know.;)

The tone of this thread only serves to perpetuate synicism and hatred towards a very professional pilot group that yes, was started and continues to be managed by EAL scabs. I do not know the exact ratio of scabs per total pilots and F/As but I can tell you it is very small... maybe 10%.

That leaves the rest of us 90% extremely grateful to be employed by an airline that continues to be profitable year after year and flys brand new airplanes. Also, the pilot group just negotiated a contract extension (yes we have our own official union "MAPA") that will include us in the profit sharing program along with the scheduled pay raises of the previous contract to be ammended in 2006. This, in an era of airline job losses and paycuts (for the most part) is something to be greatful for.

FYI, back in '89 I walked that picket line for the entire duration, along with some of our pilots and mechanics. The management, who are among the nicest guys you'll ever meet were willing to forget and forgive. For that I am employed and loving every minute of it.

If anyone would like more inside info on the company... You can PM me. For gerneral info, there is a new website... Miamiair.com.

Fly safe!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back