• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miami Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only sign a contract to prevent people from doing a side move with the b737 type paid by Miami Air, said so it is a good company to work,

That's the feeling I get, too, I'm just trying to get some more info before I apply.

Where are you seeing that they're hiring? I know APC says they are, but the company web site says otherwise. Did I miss the boat on the one?

I did a brief stent there. It is a good company if you live in MIA and can afford to work for nothing. They treat you well but don't pay you much. Good pilot group. Training is a nightmare. Good time builder if you can live on the pay. Great experience with 180 min ETOPS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the training contracts only an agreement that the airline will pay for your training, and being hired is contingent on passing the oral and type checkride? I dont know anyone who has ever entered into one of these contracts.

Anyway, good luck to you guys with the Miami Air thing. A job is a job right?

Where are you seeing that they're hiring? I know APC says they are, but the company web site says otherwise. Did I miss the boat on the one?

The company website said otherwise last week. Oh well, how quickly things change....

To put things in perspective, training contracts are not unusual in the supplemental world. World Airways has a $48K 2-yr contract which takes effective the day of your MD11 checkride. They enforce it without exception.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the training contracts only an agreement that the airline will pay for your training, and being hired is contingent on passing the oral and type checkride? I dont know anyone who has ever entered into one of these contracts.

Anyway, good luck to you guys with the Miami Air thing. A job is a job right?

uhm, yeah, a job is something you'll never have in aviation.....or at least never should have......common criminal punk

uhm, yeah, a job is something you'll never have in aviation.....or at least never should have......common criminal punk

A job is something I do have. A flying job at that.

Anything else new?

Tell you what. Put your name on your words. PM if you want my number. I'll be more than happy to take your call.

Otherwise, I could care less what you think. Only punks sign things anonymously.

A job is something I do have. A flying job at that.

Anything else new?

Tell you what. Put your name on your words. PM if you want my number. I'll be more than happy to take your call.

Otherwise, I could care less what you think. Only punks sign things anonymously.

hmm, an ex convict calling someone else a punk? Whatever loser.

A. I didn't sign anything. The only reason that you're not anonymous is because you stole an airplane and your anonymity is not your choice. See? I didn't commit a felony so I have the privilege of anonymity. BTW; I don't reveal my identity to sociopaths.

Cool! Finally some action 'round here! Would love to hear the details on this one, hang on.....must...open....beer....okay. Ready.

Latest resources

Back