• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miami Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MIA is always looking for pilots. We hire small groups at a time...Classes of 4 to 6 is the norm. We had a slow summer but as it turns out we're going for another record year. As previously posted, the training program is a very steep learning curve if you're not already 737 typed, but they will give you a great opportuninty. F/O pay is nothing to write home about but if you make Captain 3-5 years down the road, you pay will virtually tripple in short order... We are CASS approved and have several agreements with scheduled airlines, for those that wish to commute but you have to be able to sit STBY when required so a crash pad in the MIA area would be a must. As far as the training contract is concerned, 3 years will go by in a flash if you can live on the F/O pay. No money out of pocket for training... Good luck!

MIA is always looking for pilots. We hire small groups at a time...Classes of 4 to 6 is the norm. We had a slow summer but as it turns out we're going for another record year. As previously posted, the training program is a very steep learning curve if you're not already 737 typed, but they will give you a great opportuninty. F/O pay is nothing to write home about but if you make Captain 3-5 years down the road, you pay will virtually tripple in short order... We are CASS approved and have several agreements with scheduled airlines, for those that wish to commute but you have to be able to sit STBY when required so a crash pad in the MIA area would be a must. As far as the training contract is concerned, 3 years will go by in a flash if you can live on the F/O pay. No money out of pocket for training... Good luck!

Not completely true. You only recieve a per diem during the first month or so of training. Not hardly enough to live on. You will have to pay for the crash pad or hotel. I would say that upgrades are closer to 5 years or more. There are several PFO's there that will never upgrade. Most if not all the captains there are not going anywhere. This company will not grow fast. They are very conservative and methodical. In my opinion this is a great company to start your career, not a career company. Just my opinion. It was not a very hard training program. You have tons of time in ground school and something like 11 sims before you checkride. Unless things have changed since I left ground school is more of a self study program. At least 8 hrs a day in class, which was mostly the instructor reading from the manual. The oral and checkride was more than fair. If you can't get through with that you don't need to be there. Miami Air is a great company with a small family atmosphere. All of upper management still fly line trips and are great guys to fly with. (with the exception of 1 or 2) You will get a lot of experience, but you have to be able to survive on the pay.

How is the quality of life? What does a normal month look like, as far a days off and trip length. vacation time?

Competitive or no?

737 typed, 3500 TT, 500 PIC ME Turbine, 2400 ME, with one additional type rating. No time in type on the 737.

Thanks.

Are they still only interested in typed 73 guys and if so do they still require a contract if you show up typed?

I do not currently live there, but would be willing to relocate, especially if that would improve my QOL. Anyone know the best way to apply, or is there anyone here that might be able to be of some assistance? PM if you wish. Thanks. I am not really looking to make a move right away, but maybe by the end of the year.

Do they typically hire into a pool?

falcon air is always hiring if you really need a job.

Miami Air Intervew

Do anyone have any recent interview information for Miami Air? I have an interview setup for Nov. 23rd. Any idea of the questions asked on the technical test and in the interview? Thanks

Latest resources

Back