• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miami Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got more time on a few of Miami Airs flight attendants than I have fixed wing flight time. And that was just in an 8 week period at the Homestead Suites during school at Aero Service about 4 years ago.

Ho's, Ho's and more Ho's.

lol

Nobody cares you bloward

KSU, you can spin it however you want, however that is a training contract that was labled unenforceable by a judge. Cut and dry. By the way, I and a couple others have worked for Miami Air, they never came after us and we broke the "training contract", if it is so air tight, why did they not pursue us? Because we had legal representation and that scared them. So I know from direct experience.

Believe what ever you want. All you have is anectdotal evidence. Miami Air's actions do not equal a legal opinion authored by a legal expert in a noted law journal. Why didn't Miami Air come after you? There are a multitude of reasons from the cost v benefit to the validity of their contract. However, just because Miami Air wasn't interested in spending that much money or their contract was too weak to enforce doesn't mean every training contract in the US is invalid.

Miami Air could be hiring for the Kona Shuttle which is operated by Kaiser Air in OAK. Pilots on the Kona Shuttle get an additional pay check from Kaiser....that is if Kaiser hires you!!! Same deal with the kaiser flight attendants, they get the Miami Air salary and then Kaiser ups it to $350 per day! Guess the unions have not caught on yet! I know a few folks at Kaiser and this appears to be accurate....it only works if Kaiser hires you!

KSU, you can spin it however you want, however that is a training contract that was labled unenforceable by a judge. Cut and dry. By the way, I and a couple others have worked for Miami Air, they never came after us and we broke the "training contract", if it is so air tight, why did they not pursue us? Because we had legal representation and that scared them. So I know from direct experience.

I like how you brag about breaking a contract. You must be a great man.

If you thought the contract was invalid, you should not have signed it. You should not have worked there. By signing, then breaking the terms you went back on your word. You dishonored yourself.

FYI in the mid 90's I was on the interview panel at my airline. One applicant had short stay at a non-sch and i asked him about the reason for leaving. He had valid reason but the other guy i was working with asked him about the training contract as he knew this company had one. The interviewee gave a lame excuse that basically said i blew them off and that was it.....never had a chance.

Last edited:

Not so cut and dried. The judge ruled in favor of Flexjet on something like 12 of 13 claims. The only claim on which the pilot won was the claim that he didn't actually get the type rating he was supposed to reimburse they for. Since he didn't have the type, he didn't have to pay. He also lost his countersuit and ate his $70k in attorney's fees.

Flexjet fixed the situation. I got my PIC type on my initial checkride.

Latest resources

Back