Miami aeroservice job fare opinions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmm said:
Well maybe you just go through one airport or are lucky.

At this point dont care about carrying around some regular clothes.
Not going out with the hours we keep anyway.
hmmm...every airport i have gone to in 2005 was very easy to get through jumpseating in business attire. Show your ID to ticket person and security and wammo, standby ticket and no line/hassle at security. Be friendly and professional and there are no problems. Then you don't have to answer questions when people think you work for the airline which is the last thing I want to do while I am commuting. In any case, is it hard to take off your epaulets, wings and ID?

Did I read u say u go waste the time to get a standby ticket.

Bingo.

Yes its hard and a waste of time to make someone like u happy dork

hmmm said:
Did I read u say u go waste the time to get a standby ticket.

Bingo.

Yes its hard and a waste of time to make someone like u happy dork
Hey pilot aka "I always wear my pilot uniform pilot", some airports require pilots to obtain a pilot standby ticket for pilots with your name on it to go through pilot security, even through the pilot and crew line if you are a pilot in uniform and a pilot. You being the coolest super pilot should know that. What was your point again pilot? Oh yeah, you do everything in your monkey suit. Maybe you were one of the pilots I saw wearing his pilot uniform at the pilot career fair trying to get a pilot job.

<<Hey pilot aka "I always wear my pilot uniform pilot", some airports require pilots to obtain a pilot standby ticket for pilots with your name on it to go through pilot security, even through the pilot and crew line if you are a pilot in uniform and a pilot. You being the coolest super pilot should know that. What was your point again pilot? Oh yeah, you do everything in your monkey suit. Maybe you were one of the pilots I saw wearing his pilot uniform at the pilot career fair trying to get a pilot job.>>

Now that was funny LOL! Good post :)

Scube3 said:
We got the point! Back to topic.

Did any of you, got any job offers? (in this past job fare)

Scube.

It sounds like you have to wear a uniform to get a job offer. Its too bad I shed mine at the earliest possible moment. Maybe I would get more chicks too if I didn't.

Scube3 said:

Scube.

I arrived late so I went for the stuff I felt I was qualed for. Amerijet and Pinnacle. Pinnacle offered me a ticket to come interview, said my time was great and check my email that day, no ticket!! Didn't think I'd take it if offered anyway.

Amerijet asked me to come the following Mon for interview. Went to the Amerijet MIA office, spent all day to meet Ch Pilot and finally walked out of the Aeroservice building after Sim Check at 2220 hrs. 3 guys went in after me. Ch. Pilot offered me the job halfway down the ILS. I'd say they hired 10-13 pilots that night. A few went straight to the first class that Wed, most like me will be in Feb 13th class.

Do I think it was worth it? Hell yea!! I'd go to a future Job Fair as well.

Scube3 said:

Scube.

I arrived late so I went for the stuff I felt I was qualed for. Amerijet and Pinnacle. Pinnacle offered me a ticket to come interview, said my time was great and check my email that day, no ticket!!:rolleyes: Didn't think I'd take it if offered anyway.

Amerijet asked me to come the following Mon for interview. Went to the Amerijet MIA office, spent all day to meet Ch Pilot and finally walked out of the Aeroservice building after Sim Check at 2220 hrs. 3 guys went in after me. Ch. Pilot offered me the job halfway down the ILS.:D I'd say they hired 10-13 pilots that night. A few went straight to the first class that Wed, most like me will be in Feb 13th class.

Do I think it was worth it? Hell yea!! I'd go to a future Job Fair as well.:beer:

Whaoo!, congratulations. At least somebody got some good news.
I think you were overqualified but It is still a good move. I got a friend that started 11 months ago and he's upgrading to captain.

It's too bad the minimums were 4000 hours.

Congrats again.

Scube.

ps: Wearing uniforms off duty is for dorks but hey, if "hmm" got three job offers wearing his uniform, I'll have to show up in uniform with my hat on!! I am sure they won't forget! :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back