Miami aeroservice job fare opinions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cockroach Corner

I wanted to go see more companies than I did but the lines were way too long. I got a good response from one company, but am curious to see how the next few weeks pan out. I thought sending a resume and application package to Cathay would do just as much as waiting 2 hours in line.

I would like to know why guys dress up in their monkey suits during a career fair? Saw quite a few there looking stupid. Who wants to look at a uniform when you are not working? Idiots?

Because its easier to jumpseat there and who really wants to carry around a suit to change into on the way from the airport then back into the monkey suit on the way back to jump seat home.
As well as have to carry a garment bag for your suit.

Wouldn't you rather work for a company that cares about your background and experience rather than how dapper you look in a suit.

I find it funny the people walking around in suits like they think that makes them worthy.
It's one thing if a fella has never had a job before.

Last edited:
hmmm said:
Because its easier to jumpseat there and who really wants to carry around a suit to change into on the way from the airport then back into the monkey suit on the way back to jump seat home.

Wouldn't you rather work for a company that cares about your background and experience rather than how dapper you look in a suit.

I find it funny the people walking around in suits like they think that makes them worthy.
OK, but you could at least take off your epaulets and ID. JHC.

hmmm said:

It's one thing if a fella has never had a job before.

Why does wearing your uniform make it easier to jumpseat? I jumpseat all over the country wearing a collared shirt and slacks. Just look professional and abide by the dress code policy and it's no problem.

I don't think this job fair is worthless. When I was laid off I got 2 offers from the fair. A friend went last weekend and got offers from Amerijet and Omni. Kalitta is pending until they interview again.

If you are qualified and a U.S. citizen you'll get some bites.

DrProc said:
Why does wearing your uniform make it easier to jumpseat? I jumpseat all over the country wearing a collared shirt and slacks. Just look professional and abide by the dress code policy and it's no problem.

Well so do I and every time I go through TSA lines without oniform I have to go stand in line at the ticket counter to get a listing pass of some kind depending on the airline and airport.

Its just easier and slam right through with the uniform.

I've been hired twice at a job fair with a uniform. How bout u.

hmmm said:
Well so do I and every time I go through TSA lines without oniform I have to go stand in line at the ticket counter to get a listing pass of some kind depending on the airline and airport.

Its just easier and slam right through with the uniform.

I've been hired twice at a job fair with a uniform. How bout u.

I just always go through the employee line in street clothes with an ID. Never had a problem. Don't need to go to an fair yet, have a great job. Maybe you just like the uniform. Do you wear it to the grocery store too?
Just kidding with you.

Well maybe you just go through one airport or are lucky.

At this point dont care about carrying around some regular clothes.
Not going out with the hours we keep anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back