• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Metro 3 first officer unpaid plus one year training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I love how losers, who lack the tenacity and patience to make it in this BS industry, turn to a handy scapegoat in their time of need. Blaming Bush for the sorry state of this industry is just as mindless as blaming him for Hurricane Katrina."

WOW theres alot of maturity. If the "loser" statement was meant for me, Im quite happy with my job flying a 727.

My original statement was:

"Bush is no friend of the labor or the middle class. Im not saying the democrats are, but its hard to see things for the middle class worse then they are now."

I did not refer to the airlines or katrina just a general statement about the country in general. I dont know why I'm even responding to your response, the great thing about this board and this country is we can agree to disagree, however name calling is not necessary.

It's called 'fascism'. Look it up.

Being an accommodating guy, Willy did look it up.

From Merriam-Webster online:

Main Entry: fas·cism
Pronunciation: 'fa-"shi-z&m also 'fa-"si-
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian fascismo, from fascio bundle, fasces, group, from Latin fascis bundle & fasces fasces
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality -- J. W. Aldridge>

So what does that have to do with anything?

Come on P2J, don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Hmmm. That sounds more like our Islamofascist enemies than it does Bush.

I agree that Bush is not a fiscal conservative though. If he was, he could really be a great president. As it is, he's better than anybody the Democrats could have/would have put up against him. Joe Lieberman was one of the few rational Democrats and look what happened to him.

Latest resources

Back