• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Messaba CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First class starts July 25th (initial cadre). Next class starts in mid August. How do you know that you are going to the CRJ? They are running classes in all aircraft each month and 2 classes a month in the Saab until September (maybe longer but I just heard September). You sound a little to confident that you are going to the CRJ. From what I'm told, they don't tell you what aircraft that you are going to until you get to class. Not to rain on your parade, but all three aircraft are taking FO's. You sound like you could be one of those Avro FO's hired 6 years ago saying "They hired me specifically for the jet!! I'll never touch a turbo prop!!" Give me a break. Just be lucky to have a job with a good company, regardless of equipment. If others do switch to the CRJ, then yes, they out bid you. It's all based on seniority. However, good news is, things are moving. Regardless of equipment, you will move in seniority. Remember, for every CRJ captain position, it's a backfill of at least two other positions. I heard that all APD and fleet manager positions are filled for the CRJ. Is it true that all systems training will be in MSP and sim in Montreal? Anyone know for sure when sim will be in MSP?

Okay, I just re-read my last two posts, and I think I probably came across as an a**hole. And for those ready to take pot shots, go ahead. However, I just got rubbed the wrong way with this post. I've flown with a ton of FO's that's been sitting reserve for numerous years and it just edged a nerve with a new hire coming in saying "I'm going to the jet" (remind anyone else of Avro FO's years ago?) and "When can I get a line?" There are a lot of FO's, (okay, I'll quit Avro bashing), on both A/C that have sat reserve for a long time. I really don't care if this new hire gets a line right away when these other guys have been busting their ass on reserve for how long? And again, I'll admit, I probably took it the wrong way, but for a new hire, looking for a line, spells it MESS ABA instead of mesaba, pissed me off a little. For those ready to bash, sorry for having company pride and thinking those already here deserve more than a new hire.

Curious, how long have you sat reserve? Did you battle out a contract over how long? Did you watch your company shrink? Did you get furloughed how many times? Did you play the management games? Did you sit while the company shutdown and the union battled it out for the pilots? Nice reply. Got anything else?

There are numerous Mesaba FO's that have been furloughed more than once with this company, and are still back here and have positive things to say about Mesaba. They deserve a line before any new hire. Try again.

Regional4life:

Why you gotta be that way? He/she was asking simple questions...Clearly the initial misspelling of Mesaba would give you a clue.

Your questions, on the other hand, were confrontational and error ridden:

"How long have you sat reserve?"
"Did you battle out a contract over how long?"
"Did you get furloughed how many times?"

These statements leave something to be desired, grammatically speaking...
You are correct in that this field is seniority driven, however with regard to your less than professional diatribe, perhaps it is you who should "try again".

As a newhire what difference does it make when you can hold a line. Just be happy that you got hired by a decent company that is growing. Remember, before you can bid anything, you must pass indoc, systems, and sims. Good luck to you and don't worry about things that are beyond your control.

Yudso said:
As a newhire what difference does it make when you can hold a line. Just be happy that you got hired by a decent company that is growing. Remember, before you can bid anything, you must pass indoc, systems, and sims. Good luck to you and don't worry about things that are beyond your control.

Obviously, you don't have a wife and kids...and you don't care about QOL. Being on reserve at ANY regional $%cks...unless you live at the domicile...

I went to an interview with Mesaba and Pinnacle in the same week and was offerd the job at both companies.............I choose Pinnacle....:( I thought that I could upgrade faster. Now I clearly see, and will always regret the choice I made. Some guy named Mike Anderson from Mesaba called me the other day and asked me if I wanted a class date, I told him I was at Pinnacle and he said "mmmmmmmmmmmm, well your more than welcome to come here still". Any advise for a depressed Peanukkle FO?

Latest resources

Back