• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Workin'Stiff said:
Don't walk, run!

LOL!

First off, why would you want to leave? Ask yourself if it is really worth it to give up the seniority. I know of some guys that are wanting to leave 9E for CHQ. I think the upgrade there is 2500hrs or something. Not sure how the whole CHQ/RP/Shuttle America thing works, but if it's good for them... A regional is a regional is a regional. Growing pains, an evil empire watching from above, stupid pax, and SJS. It's pretty much as bad as you make it though. I'm at 9E and I like the people I work with, don't have issues with rampers, do my job, go home. If you let a job affect your personal life (extensions/junior assignments notwithstanding) then worrying about what regional you end up with is the least of your problems.

But don't go to Go jets;)

See I got a call about a month ago from a HR person out there at "MESABA" ;) and she told me that they are planning on putting me in the CRJ but I would have to wait till Aug to get a class date. From what I understand the Aug 340 class is all upgrades and no initial FOs. And I dont understand why this post is rubbing some people the wrong way, I am happy to just have a job but since I do have this little bit of information about the AC I think I will be assigned I figured I would try to obtain some information about it. I would ask the same questions if I thought I was going to get the 340 or avro but we all already know how the schedules work for those AC.

The latest vacancy is for an August 1 class of 6 FOs (2 avro and 4 saab). So, you could get either. There are no FOs in the CRJ class slated for August 1. Maybe in the next vacancy we'll see FO spots.

FO

XCR600,

Welcome aboard!! Please don't let the sensitivity factor of some lower your excitement level. Things have been tough here for a few years and some people haven't bounced back as quickly as others.

Things are good here and will be for at least a few years, barring any unforseen problems.

All FO positions will continue to move quickly, so there isn't a bad seat in the house.

As for the CRJ life for early FO's. For the first 6 months or so, expect a bumpy ride. Even if you receive a line, a majority of your trips will be pulled for IOE for new hires and new CRJ CPTs. You are "pay protected" for those pulled trips but will be put on reserve during the original trip period. This may sound bad, but it is 24hr call-out reserve vs. "be at the airport in 90min." Since the majority of the flying will be training, there will be very little open time, so count on a lot of "off time". To anyone that's been around awhile, this is exactly what we want.. Full Pay without going to work. For a new guy, it can suck because you are excited to be out flying a new plane in a new environment.

Eventually it will mellow out and you will be bidding the lines you want and "livin da dream".

Good Luck and Congratulations.

For what it's worth -

Take the first class offered, don't worry about the aircraft. Seniority is everything. Hope to have you in class soon.

I would love to fly anything as quick as I can I have ZERO say in what equipment I get, heck i dont even understand how the pick that. I know people I interviewed with that are in training right now it frustrating sitting around waiting for something to happen with just a letter in hand.

Regional4life said:
Okay, I just re-read my last two posts, and I think I probably came across as an a**hole.

DING! DING! DING!

Don, tell him what he's won!

;)

Don't start rippin' on the noobs, man! Those are the guys who get the guys that were the guys on bottom of the list off the bottom, guy.

I know, I know - some FOs were on reserve for three freakin' years. However, we should be happy that things are getting better at Mesaba, not complaining that new hires have it easier than some of us did.

If my math is right, an FO would have to remain an FO for at least 4 years if they switch to the CRJ from SAAB or AVRO. With upgrade approaching 2 years, I hope noone has SJS so bad that they'd give up about 2 years of PIC and Cpt pay.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

With upgrade approaching 2 years, I hope noone has SJS so bad that they'd give up about 2 years of PIC and Cpt pay.

Two year upgrades at Mesaba? Funny, I know a four year guy who just made a captain preveiw for the first time.

I have a friend thats been there 4 1/2 years that just got the upgrade. I don't think it's down to 2 years yet.

Latest resources

Back