• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to lose Avro's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NW mgmt will dump that pension on the PBGC as soon as it is a good time to do so. I will be toast by then (if that is the route that the senior guys take) but there will be plenty of shame faced senior guys who drank the Kool Aid.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and my heart sure bleeds for the poor red-book guys. Everyone could see this coming except them.

Amen

canyonblue said:
Doubt it. It would still be the same Northwest culture, and that shows, even with cheap labor. Until NWA can put their employees first, they can never compete with us. And I don't think that will ever happen, but it would be nice if they would try.

Canyon, you hit the nail on the head. Northwest Airlines will always fail because they haven't adopted a new culture. I guess it stands to reason since much of NWA and Mesaba management have direct ties to Frank Lorenzo and his philosophy of screwing the very people that make up the company. If only our managers could experience as much hardship as they impose on their employees.

MM

"
canyonblue said:
Doubt it. It would still be the same Northwest culture, and that shows, even with cheap labor. Until NWA can put their employees first, they can never compete with us. And I don't think that will ever happen, but it would be nice if they would try."

A large part of the problem certainly, but not completely. NWA had the same iron fisted and pathetic culture when Don Nyrop was running it, but under the notoriously frugal Nyrop, NWA had no debt and would have most likely been able to weather this storm intact- with or without it's culture. The real trouble started with the arrival of looters Checchi, Wilson and Malek.

Latest resources

Back