Mesaba taking 20% in concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CptMurf said:
I'm not saying don't keep your guard up with any information that is sent out by ALPA or Mgmt., but in the 7 years I've been at XJ, I have never caught the MEC in a lie(might not be what you want to hear, but not a lie).....Mgmt, well there's a continue dripple of lies there.

Consider this.....There are only 2 ways concessions can happen....
1. we just sign a LOA that gives concessions to the company at
will. (I don't believe anyone in their right mind would do this!)
2. the company files under Chapter 11 Section 1113(c) the rights to
terminate the current CBA, the judge grants this, then we have a set
number of days (54 I think) to either come to an agreement for
concessions or the company can impose a contract. (THIS SECTION TO
DATE HAS NOT BEEN FILED!)

Patience Grasshopper.....This game is just getting started, best I can tell if the NWA TA passes we will just have a rain delay until Jan.

I'm glad you feel that this is a game, some of us don't. The fact that I am being displaced and taking a pay-cut from $50/hr back to $36; then if concessions do happen, probably pay-rates that will be pre-1997 CBA wages, that's not a game to me. I don't care if I am an F/O forever, I just dont see the need to take any paycuts. We GAVE the company their growth contract in 2004.

tripacer said:
I'm glad you feel that this is a game, some of us don't. The fact that I am being displaced and taking a pay-cut from $50/hr back to $36; then if concessions do happen, probably pay-rates that will be pre-1997 CBA wages, that's not a game to me. I don't care if I am an F/O forever, I just dont see the need to take any paycuts. We GAVE the company their growth contract in 2004.

Never said it was a game, corporate manipulation yes, but not a game. I feel ya, I have ALREADY downgraded once, taken the paycut, then sat as a topped out FO for awhile under the old CBA. All I'm saying is don't throw in the towel and start discussing how much our concessions will be, because as of today Mgmt. has yet to file the necessary sections to ask/force concessions out of our current CBA. Don't put the cart before the horse, so to speak. If they file for a release from our contract THEN we can discuss if we need/want to give concessions.

BTW there is only two ways to vote at that point....take MUTUALLY agreed upon concessions["Yes" Vote] or walk["No" Vote]. Maybe that is what you need to consider now, but that is a personal decision.

It'll still all have to go the membership for a vote... well, I am pretty sure it will. I forget the exact rules on MEMRAT vs MECRAT and when one can be done over the other and vice-versa. Actually, I would bet the MEC will come to the pilots for a vote on this, they always have before and could have easily just pushed it through in the based on best interests of the pilot group.

JPAustin said:
Actually, I would bet the MEC will come to the pilots for a vote on this, they always have before and could have easily just pushed it through in the based on best interests of the pilot group.

If I remember, it was a group of 'radical pilots', and I cant remember who they were, but they pushed this MEC to "let us" MEMRAT the contract in 04. Previous to that there was no MEMRAT vote and the MEC would just vote on their own to pass/fail any contract that they felt good or bad about. I havent found any language to say whether a concessionary contract would go thru a MEMRAT process. Because I dont trust my MEC as far as I can throw them, I called an LEC rep and they weren't sure about a group vote - that's what's got me nervous about all this. When he calls me back, I'll post his response here.

tripacer,

I have doubts that you have spoken to a rep, or if you have it's a brand new one that is still taking on the learning curve. Believe it or not, there is a ton to learn.

Secondly, if that rep can't answer your questions, call one that can.

Thirdly, almost everything that you have posted on this thread is inaccurate.

Lastly, coming on this board and bad mouthing your MEC is irresponsible and exactly what management loves to see. You say "I was told, he wouldn't deny, if I remember, I can't remember, etccc...." There no facts in any of these types of comments and hiding behind an alias and posting rumors and innuendo is not the way to address your concerns.

If you really believe all the stuff that you spew on here, you are way out of the loop. PM me and I will be more than glad to steer you to ALL of the correct information that you can handle.

20% paycut is false. Nothing has been negotiated! And that is the truth. For crying out loud. Any Rep can tell you that.

Latest resources

Back