Mesaba taking 20% in concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tripacer

I heard a rumor the other day, that our MEC agreed to a concession(s) of 20% across the board; spread out over a fairly short period of time along with the furlough notices? Anyone else know anything about this?

I don't think it will be 20%. I'd guess around 10% but thats just as far as pay is concerned. Look for PBS, No day rooms, No J/M Premium Pay, Tighter Seat Locks, ect. ect.

The updates from the MEC and Neg. Committee have been very minimal. Just the usual payday pilot hotlines and thats about it. Seems like they don't want to throw us any bones regarding whats coming ahead. The usual players are are on the XJ ALPA boards beating drums that they borrowed from AMFA but there is nothing official being reported there.

tripacer said:
I heard a rumor the other day, that our MEC agreed to a concession(s) of 20% across the board; spread out over a fairly short period of time along with the furlough notices? Anyone else know anything about this?

From the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Monday, November 7, 2005:

Plots have had questions regarding negotiations with management. No negotiations have been occurred since we agreed to the Multi Class Bid LOA, nor are any scheduled. Our negotiating committee continues to research and prepare for any requests from management. Although we have requested financial information from management relevant to potential concessionary negotiations, to date we have not received any information, nor has management given us a date by which it will produce this information. In accordance with ALPA policy, no concessionary negotiations can occur until after we review and analyze the information management provides. We would expect that this analysis could take up to several weeks.

OttoPilot said:
From the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Monday, November 7, 2005:

In accordance with ALPA policy, no concessionary negotiations can occur until after we review and analyze the information management provides. We would expect that this analysis could take up to several weeks.[/FONT]

"In accordance with ALPA policy" - that's the part that bothers me!

Is there ALPA policy with regards to concessions have to go to a membership ratification before they agree to it, or is all that stuff out the window with the bankruptcy filing? Whenever the MEC is too quiet, you're always about to be thrown under the bus.

Is there ALPA policy with regards to concessions have to go to a membership ratification before they agree to it, or is all that stuff out the window with the bankruptcy filing? Whenever the MEC is too quiet, you're always about to be thrown under the bus.

I love it, more conspiracy theories. Maybe nothing much is going on at the ALPA office...or maybe our union members are planning ways to cut their own wrists and ours too and they are doing it in complete secrecy. Go back to the tripacer, moron.

I'm not saying don't keep your guard up with any information that is sent out by ALPA or Mgmt., but in the 7 years I've been at XJ, I have never caught the MEC in a lie(might not be what you want to hear, but not a lie).....Mgmt, well there's a continue dripple of lies there.

Consider this.....There are only 2 ways concessions can happen....
1. we just sign a LOA that gives concessions to the company at
will. (I don't believe anyone in their right mind would do this!)
2. the company files under Chapter 11 Section 1113(c) the rights to
terminate the current CBA, the judge grants this, then we have a set
number of days (54 I think) to either come to an agreement for
concessions or the company can impose a contract. (THIS SECTION TO
DATE HAS NOT BEEN FILED!)

So until it is filed, and that would be public knowledge, the MEC will make preparations to negotiate and will probably Wilson poll to get your imput. Until then, lets not get too worked up over concessions.

Patience Grasshopper.....This game is just getting started, best I can tell if the NWA TA passes we will just have a rain delay until Jan.

Latest resources

Back