• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Mesaba taking 20% in concessions?

tripacer

Active member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
Many
I heard a rumor the other day, that our MEC agreed to a concession(s) of 20% across the board; spread out over a fairly short period of time along with the furlough notices? Anyone else know anything about this?
 

DetoXJ

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Posts
239
Total Time
10,000
I don't think it will be 20%. I'd guess around 10% but thats just as far as pay is concerned. Look for PBS, No day rooms, No J/M Premium Pay, Tighter Seat Locks, ect. ect.
 

N590MA

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Posts
56
Total Time
plenty
Why don't you just call the MEC in Minny and ask them? Maybe use the ALPA web board?
 

DetoXJ

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Posts
239
Total Time
10,000
The updates from the MEC and Neg. Committee have been very minimal. Just the usual payday pilot hotlines and thats about it. Seems like they don't want to throw us any bones regarding whats coming ahead. The usual players are are on the XJ ALPA boards beating drums that they borrowed from AMFA but there is nothing official being reported there.
 

OttoPilot

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Posts
158
Total Time
.77 Yr
tripacer said:
I heard a rumor the other day, that our MEC agreed to a concession(s) of 20% across the board; spread out over a fairly short period of time along with the furlough notices? Anyone else know anything about this?

From the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Monday, November 7, 2005:

Plots have had questions regarding negotiations with management. No negotiations have been occurred since we agreed to the Multi Class Bid LOA, nor are any scheduled. Our negotiating committee continues to research and prepare for any requests from management. Although we have requested financial information from management relevant to potential concessionary negotiations, to date we have not received any information, nor has management given us a date by which it will produce this information. In accordance with ALPA policy, no concessionary negotiations can occur until after we review and analyze the information management provides. We would expect that this analysis could take up to several weeks.
 

tripacer

Active member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
Many
OttoPilot said:
From the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Monday, November 7, 2005:

In accordance with ALPA policy, no concessionary negotiations can occur until after we review and analyze the information management provides. We would expect that this analysis could take up to several weeks.[/FONT]

"In accordance with ALPA policy" - that's the part that bothers me!

Is there ALPA policy with regards to concessions have to go to a membership ratification before they agree to it, or is all that stuff out the window with the bankruptcy filing? Whenever the MEC is too quiet, you're always about to be thrown under the bus.
 

screwed_again

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Posts
166
Total Time
5000
Is there ALPA policy with regards to concessions have to go to a membership ratification before they agree to it, or is all that stuff out the window with the bankruptcy filing? Whenever the MEC is too quiet, you're always about to be thrown under the bus.

I love it, more conspiracy theories. Maybe nothing much is going on at the ALPA office...or maybe our union members are planning ways to cut their own wrists and ours too and they are doing it in complete secrecy. Go back to the tripacer, moron.
 

CptMurf

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Posts
669
Total Time
10K+
I'm not saying don't keep your guard up with any information that is sent out by ALPA or Mgmt., but in the 7 years I've been at XJ, I have never caught the MEC in a lie(might not be what you want to hear, but not a lie).....Mgmt, well there's a continue dripple of lies there.

Consider this.....There are only 2 ways concessions can happen....
1. we just sign a LOA that gives concessions to the company at
will. (I don't believe anyone in their right mind would do this!)
2. the company files under Chapter 11 Section 1113(c) the rights to
terminate the current CBA, the judge grants this, then we have a set
number of days (54 I think) to either come to an agreement for
concessions or the company can impose a contract. (THIS SECTION TO
DATE HAS NOT BEEN FILED!)

So until it is filed, and that would be public knowledge, the MEC will make preparations to negotiate and will probably Wilson poll to get your imput. Until then, lets not get too worked up over concessions.

Patience Grasshopper.....This game is just getting started, best I can tell if the NWA TA passes we will just have a rain delay until Jan.
 

tripacer

Active member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
Many
CptMurf said:
I'm not saying don't keep your guard up with any information that is sent out by ALPA or Mgmt., but in the 7 years I've been at XJ, I have never caught the MEC in a lie(might not be what you want to hear, but not a lie).....Mgmt, well there's a continue dripple of lies there.

Consider this.....There are only 2 ways concessions can happen....
1. we just sign a LOA that gives concessions to the company at
will. (I don't believe anyone in their right mind would do this!)
2. the company files under Chapter 11 Section 1113(c) the rights to
terminate the current CBA, the judge grants this, then we have a set
number of days (54 I think) to either come to an agreement for
concessions or the company can impose a contract. (THIS SECTION TO
DATE HAS NOT BEEN FILED!)


Patience Grasshopper.....This game is just getting started, best I can tell if the NWA TA passes we will just have a rain delay until Jan.

I'm glad you feel that this is a game, some of us don't. The fact that I am being displaced and taking a pay-cut from $50/hr back to $36; then if concessions do happen, probably pay-rates that will be pre-1997 CBA wages, that's not a game to me. I don't care if I am an F/O forever, I just dont see the need to take any paycuts. We GAVE the company their growth contract in 2004.
 

CptMurf

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Posts
669
Total Time
10K+
tripacer said:
I'm glad you feel that this is a game, some of us don't. The fact that I am being displaced and taking a pay-cut from $50/hr back to $36; then if concessions do happen, probably pay-rates that will be pre-1997 CBA wages, that's not a game to me. I don't care if I am an F/O forever, I just dont see the need to take any paycuts. We GAVE the company their growth contract in 2004.

Never said it was a game, corporate manipulation yes, but not a game. I feel ya, I have ALREADY downgraded once, taken the paycut, then sat as a topped out FO for awhile under the old CBA. All I'm saying is don't throw in the towel and start discussing how much our concessions will be, because as of today Mgmt. has yet to file the necessary sections to ask/force concessions out of our current CBA. Don't put the cart before the horse, so to speak. If they file for a release from our contract THEN we can discuss if we need/want to give concessions.

BTW there is only two ways to vote at that point....take MUTUALLY agreed upon concessions["Yes" Vote] or walk["No" Vote]. Maybe that is what you need to consider now, but that is a personal decision.
 

JPAustin

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Posts
217
Total Time
>5000
It'll still all have to go the membership for a vote... well, I am pretty sure it will. I forget the exact rules on MEMRAT vs MECRAT and when one can be done over the other and vice-versa. Actually, I would bet the MEC will come to the pilots for a vote on this, they always have before and could have easily just pushed it through in the based on best interests of the pilot group.
 

tripacer

Active member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
Many
JPAustin said:
Actually, I would bet the MEC will come to the pilots for a vote on this, they always have before and could have easily just pushed it through in the based on best interests of the pilot group.

If I remember, it was a group of 'radical pilots', and I cant remember who they were, but they pushed this MEC to "let us" MEMRAT the contract in 04. Previous to that there was no MEMRAT vote and the MEC would just vote on their own to pass/fail any contract that they felt good or bad about. I havent found any language to say whether a concessionary contract would go thru a MEMRAT process. Because I dont trust my MEC as far as I can throw them, I called an LEC rep and they weren't sure about a group vote - that's what's got me nervous about all this. When he calls me back, I'll post his response here.
 

tripacer

Active member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
Many
I was told that a MEMRAT vote was for the contract of 04', and that contract only. He also wouldnt deny my concern about concessions of 20%; he just said, "we're gonna take a pounding".
 

LivinDaDream

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Posts
77
Total Time
6800
tripacer,

I have doubts that you have spoken to a rep, or if you have it's a brand new one that is still taking on the learning curve. Believe it or not, there is a ton to learn.

Secondly, if that rep can't answer your questions, call one that can.

Thirdly, almost everything that you have posted on this thread is inaccurate.

Lastly, coming on this board and bad mouthing your MEC is irresponsible and exactly what management loves to see. You say "I was told, he wouldn't deny, if I remember, I can't remember, etccc...." There no facts in any of these types of comments and hiding behind an alias and posting rumors and innuendo is not the way to address your concerns.

If you really believe all the stuff that you spew on here, you are way out of the loop. PM me and I will be more than glad to steer you to ALL of the correct information that you can handle.
 

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
Joined
Dec 19, 2001
Posts
1,036
Total Time
11000
20% paycut is false. Nothing has been negotiated! And that is the truth. For crying out loud. Any Rep can tell you that.
 
Top