• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba SLC what cities?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if any one has seen this. ASA has flying out of DTW in January.

701EV

That's nothing new, I used to commute to DTW from CVG and took ASA a few times, along with Comair, Shuttle America, and more recently on a visit back there, Chautauqua.

Everyone I have ever talked to in MGMT. and Training, has said that they never expected the 15 900's in the first place. I totally took us by surprise and threw us into total panic mode.

They were and are working towards future aircraft deliveries. Chill on the doom and gloom, we are slightly overstaffed now, but this is the slow time of the year anyway. Wait and see is the best coarse right now. The flying will pick up soon for the summer flying. And there are definately more changes coming.

That's nothing new, I used to commute to DTW from CVG and took ASA a few times, along with Comair, Shuttle America, and more recently on a visit back there, Chautauqua.

Yes it is new. What you are talking about is DTW to a hub city.(ATL, CVG, or JFK) This flying from DTW to a non hub city. It's somewhere in PA. I can't remmber the cities. The F/A's I flew with today showed to me in their pairings.

701EV

Ok then may I be the first to say "enjoy sitting around for ramp and gate agents for extended periods of time" Yes I know ATL can be just as bad but you don't get to sit there with snow blowing in the door while waiting....

Ok then may I be the first to say "enjoy sitting around for ramp and gate agents for extended periods of time" Yes I know ATL can be just as bad but you don't get to sit there with snow blowing in the door while waiting....
You open the door before you have a gate agent?

You open the door before you have a gate agent?

No I won't and I think the rampies have finally figured it out that they can beat on my door all day long and it's not going to open if I don't see a gate agent.... But I have been a DH on other flights earler on in the program where apparantly the captain didn't brief the FA's and the FA's just popped the door with a knock. Then there we sit for 10 minutes.
My one annoying time was when there was an agent but the bridge wouldn't move so we sat there shivering for about 15 minutes before airport maintenance could get the thing to move. had I known it wouldn't move I'd have left the door closed but that's what we get flying around an oversized bizjet instead of an airliner....

WMUSIGPI

Your right it sucks to wait for a gate in ATL. It will suck more to wait in DTW in a snow storm.

701EV

Yup the good thing about DTW is I don't commute anymore. The bad thing about DTW is I probably won't be able to sell my house for about 20 years...

Latest resources

Back