• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba SF-340 ATL now MEM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The displaced Saab Captains are going to be in the 800-1000 seniority #'s and you have plenty of cushion there. If Saab Captain displacements get down to your seniority #.....God help us as we will be reliving 2005-2006 all over again.

That is probably true as long as none of the bases are closed as part of this.... There are quite a few people getting the feeling that DTW may not be a Saab base much longer, then all bets are off.

Oh god, no saabs in DTW? Now thats a new rumor. Where are all of you coming up with this stuff? When I make crap up, its usually in the crewroom when I am on ready reserve. Is this the same rumor which they said that DTW was only going to be a regional jet base eventually? Or that we were getting more Saabs because they are so profitable for Delta?

Here is what I think- which means nothing and understand I am delusional. Delta used XJ to get ASA to park 20 CRJ 200's by telling XJ we were getting more 900's for flying out of ATL (when they knew ASA had rights to them with a hard contract) Delta has more planes coming, there has been nothing said of their options with Bombardiere (they pay for options and have something like 35 hanging out there somewhere). What they will be or where they will go is anyones guess. Oh and the Saabs could be just contract games. But I assure you this, if they do start to leave they will definately be the ones they already painted in delta colors! I just have this feeling if we do not start furloughing soon we must be in line for more 900's.

Recommendations for you guys lower on the list who might be furloughed. If you cannot live on reserve in MEM and commute, take the furlough and find a couple jobs to cover your expenses til you get called back to the new planes we will get later. I did not take the furlough like some of my friends and when it all panned out I realised I could have made more money working a couple part time jobs in MSP than commuting and flying

Oh god, no saabs in DTW? Now thats a new rumor. Where are all of you coming up with this stuff?

That's been around since before the announcement, just based on the schedules of the last few months. The majority of trips seem to bridge to MSP or ATL. There are very few DTW overnights. Stuff like that.

Recommendations for you guys lower on the list who might be furloughed. If you cannot live on reserve in MEM and commute, take the furlough and find a couple jobs to cover your expenses til you get called back to the new planes we will get later. I did not take the furlough like some of my friends and when it all panned out I realised I could have made more money working a couple part time jobs in MSP than commuting and flying[/QUOTE]

But you would have never experienced straight reserve at the Clarion-which helped to make you the person you are today.

I guess we will have wait and see what "John's Company Update" has in store for us next.

Latest resources

Back