• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba SF-340 ATL now MEM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of you who think flying as a passenger in the SAAB versus the CRJ is the same or somehow better are delusional. I'd rather take a 2 hour CRJ ride than a 45 min saab ride. Those things may be fun to fly but they are horrible as a passenger.

Those of you who think flying as a passenger in the SAAB versus the CRJ is the same or somehow better are delusional. I'd rather take a 2 hour CRJ ride than a 45 min saab ride. Those things may be fun to fly but they are horrible as a passenger.
Hey! Come on now, who wouldnt like a 45 minute vibration massage?

On a 700/900 I'd agree. In regards to the 200 though, I'll take the 45 min. SAAB ride.

Perhaps if I could still hold 900 CA... the problem for me (and a number of others) is that IF we are displaced from 900 CA that would mean there are no Saab CA seats for us to displace to. We'd go all the way back to an FO seat. That pay I could not afford to go back to and commute.... And good luck selling a house in the metro Detroit area to move in any circumstance. (not going to happen without walking away from the loan and therefor not being able to get a loan where you move to)
You have bumping rights if you are displaced. You could take any seat/fleet/domicile you could hold seniority wise. The only thing you can't do on a reduction notice is bid into a vacancy (because nothing is vacant). You have to be displaced, and at that point you could take anything you want.

You have bumping rights if you are displaced. You could take any seat/fleet/domicile you could hold seniority wise. The only thing you can't do on a reduction notice is bid into a vacancy (because nothing is vacant). You have to be displaced, and at that point you could take anything you want.

I understand that. My point was, there are Saab captains senior to me. If the cuts go deep enough for any of them to be displaced, they would be senior to me and could displace to 900 Ca. If that happens I get pushed off 900 Ca. but then there are no Saab Ca. seats I could hold left. (thats why someone senior got to bump me) Then I would be displaced all the way back to Fo. Unable to pay my mortgage on that income. I'd be fine with going back to Saab Ca. as long as it wasn't to straight reserve. See my point?

Stop Complaining.........seriously.

Didn't know that was complaining. And that's easy to say comfortably seated with a line in your 175. How would your outlook change if the writing was on the wall of imminent removal of all the E135-145's with no replacement? Think about how you'd feel with very likely having to go back to the right seat with no way to sell your house or continue to pay for it in that scenario.

Last edited:
Didn't know that was complaining. And that's easy to say comfortably seated with a line in your 175. How would your outlook change if the writing was on the wall of imminent removal of all the E135-145's with no replacement? Think about how you'd feel with very likely having to go back to the right seat with no way to sell your house or continue to pay for it in that scenario.

Yeah, it's complaining. I suggest you bring it up with your CEO face to face. Make sure he isn't drinking hot coffee, he might burn himself when he spits it out laughing. Welcome to the airlines. I was out of a job at Tower Air when they went away, and now I have a better gig. You may need to find one too.

I understand that. My point was, there are Saab captains senior to me. If the cuts go deep enough for any of them to be displaced, they would be senior to me and could displace to 900 Ca. If that happens I get pushed off 900 Ca. but then there are no Saab Ca. seats I could hold left. (thats why someone senior got to bump me) Then I would be displaced all the way back to Fo. Unable to pay my mortgage on that income. I'd be fine with going back to Saab Ca. as long as it wasn't to straight reserve. See my point?

The displaced Saab Captains are going to be in the 800-1000 seniority #'s and you have plenty of cushion there. If Saab Captain displacements get down to your seniority #.....God help us as we will be reliving 2005-2006 all over again.

Latest resources

Back