Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mem

Hey guys,
Memphis has it's own little bubble. You fly out of Memphis to only a few "premium" cities, places like
Greenville, Paduca, Hattiesburg, Alex.... There is only about 10 of them and that is all you do. An hour out and an hour back. I never got into the DTW or MSP system for the nine months I was down there (regular line). Right now Memphis is senior because alot of the guys like being based down there (pretty commutable), but the big reason is that the 900 is not down there yet. Once it does get there all the top Saab captains will go it and then Memphis will be way junior again. It will also be junior because you will not have people from Minni always bidding down there to get a schedule they previously couldn't hold in Minn (ex. a junior Avro Capt in MSP would only get reserve whereas if he bid down to MEM he could get a line, now he could just bid the 200 or be a very, very senior Saab capt).

C

[QUOTRecently got the nod to join the XJ ranks and I am really looking forward to it.E][/QUOTE]

Congrats, really. It's always a little exciting to get a new job.

With your listed time/quals, however, I'm just a little intrigued as to why the move to Mesaba?:erm:

XJ is a great opportunity all around imho.

I read on another board that some guys are getting 1 month breaks in between sims on the 900. Is this true?

When do the -200s start arriving?

A better question is: Where will we park them when they do start arriving.

For September there is 1 FO and 10 Captains. 7 of the Captains are going to 900 training on the 17th and 2 still need to do OE.

I can't figure out why NOBODY is doing OE. There are 40 pilots in training and a new vacancy for 20 more.

Rumor was we would get 601 back from Compost in September and 2 per month after that.

The one 200 that we have now is only scheduled for 225 hours of block in September so if they start OE and do it on every leg they might get 9 people through.

XJ SF34 Upgrade Time Falls Even More

Currently 2 years, 11 months via vacancy award 7-12. Hire date of early September, 2004. Upgrade class starts 9/17... How times change....

MM

Latest resources

Back