Mesaba reaches TA - Details pending...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mesabi Miner

Mesaba management has reached a TA with ALPA negotiators. It is being reviewed (not accepted yet) by the MEC. No details have been released.

MM

MESABA AIRLINES REACHES TENTATIVE AGREEMENT WITH PILOT
GROUP​
Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. – (Oct. 28, 2006) – Mesaba Aviation, Inc. said today that it has reached a
tentative agreement with its pilots, represented by the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA).
The agreement, which is subject to approval by the union’s master executive council (MEC) and by
Mesaba’s ALPA-represented employees, assists the airline in meeting its required reduction in annual
labor costs.
"All along we have believed that consensual agreements are in the best interest of all involved – the
company, its employees, and our passengers," said John Spanjers, Mesaba Airlines president and COO.
"This has been a challenging process and we appreciate ALPA's efforts in working toward a solution.
We look forward to continuing to work together to ensure Mesaba emerges successfully from
bankruptcy and is positioned for growth."
To date, a tentative agreement on permanent wage and benefit reductions also has been reached by
Mesaba employees represented by the Transport Workers Union of America (TWU). Mesaba remains
focused on reaching similar agreements with the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) and
the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA). The company’s restructuring plan centers on three goals:
securing its core business of 49 Saabs with Northwest Airlines; growing its business with Northwest and
achieving a cost structure that positions Mesaba to be very competitive for new opportunities.
Mesaba operates as a Northwest Jet Airlink and Airlink partner under an airline service agreement with
Northwest Airlines. The airline serves 88 cities in the United States and Canada from Northwest's and
Mesaba’s three major hubs: Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Memphis. Mesaba operates an advanced
fleet of regional jet and jet-prop aircraft, consisting of the 69 passenger Avro RJ85, the 30-34 passenger
Saab SF340 and the 50 passenger Canadair Regional Jet. Mesaba filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
protection on October 13, 2005 and continues to operate as a debtor-in-possession. Mesaba maintains a
web site at​
www.mesaba.com.

So who's bringing the gallon of KY to the road show. With my paycut I can't afford it.
Skywest and Mesa eat your hearts out we'll soon have all your jobs. You pricks put us in this position I hope we put you all out on the street because our new "growth contract" To every other respectable airline sorry we tried.
Don't vote Republican and I'll stop ranting.

So if this passes, then the strike injunction gets overturned, do they (ALPA) start negotiating something better? Or will this one stick for the next half decade years until it expires?

So if this passes, then the strike injunction gets overturned, do they (ALPA) start negotiating something better? Or will this one stick for the next half decade years until it expires?
No, if it passes it is in for the duration. As I see it they can take two directions, they can offer you airplanes to vote yes or threaten you with the previous imposed terms. I bet $10 duane signs whatever they throw out.

So who's bringing the gallon of KY to the road show. With my paycut I can't afford it.
Skywest and Mesa eat your hearts out we'll soon have all your jobs. You pricks put us in this position I hope we put you all out on the street because our new "growth contract" To every other respectable airline sorry we tried.
Don't vote Republican and I'll stop ranting.

You have a choice, your vote! If your new "growth contract" passes its the fault of your pilots and your pilots only. Stop trying to blame your weakness on Mesa and Skywest.
You have a choice, if you choose the pay cut you have not one to blame but yourselfs. Sorry. -Cape

You have a choice, your vote! If your new "growth contract" passes its the fault of your pilots and your pilots only. Stop trying to blame your weakness on Mesa and Skywest.
You have a choice, if you choose the pay cut you have not one to blame but yourselfs. Sorry. -Cape

WRONG. WE are in this position because of scum/scab airlines such as Freedom/Mesa. Lowering the bar at any cost. Mesa pilots should live in shame. They will be looked down upon and ridiculed for years to come. That's a fact.

Gearb1tch and Beantown have valid arguments. But as Beantown says, it's YOUR vote. Well, that, and how the MEC decides to put a positive spin on this TA. January 04 anyone????

Latest resources

Back